PDA

View Full Version : How you all doing?

Wayne C
30-06-2012, 19:06
I'm Wayne pleased to say, Hello, love music and hifi , look forward to getting a lot of great insight on the site thanks Wayne

I became interested In hifi when I was on a government training scheme or YTS when i was 16 I popped out in my lunch break and went into a store called simply hifi and listened to a Dual CS 505 turntable and a Nad 3020a amplifier and a massive pair of Technics Loudspeakers the music was Steely Dans Greatest Hits Side Three Track one, I didn't have enough money to buy any equipment but I bought the album the same day, My first Turntable was the Nad 5120 with the straight tonearm which I bought approx 6 months after buying the afore mentioned Steely Dan album

Anyways your probably falling asleep by now all the best Wayne

I have chopped and changed over the years from. High point of having Martin Logan Ascent I Loudspeakers and other exotic equipment , but I have always loved Audiolab stuff and still do to this day.

Effem
30-06-2012, 20:09
It is always interesting to read how others became addicted to these hi-fi type noises :lol:

Anyway, welcome to AoS and have a ball :eyebrows:

Alex_UK
01-07-2012, 08:14
Hi Wayne, welcome from me too. I hope you didn't have to wait 6 months to hear the album!? And then when you got the system, was it your only record? :lol: What system and music tickles your fancy these days? Hope you enjoy AoS. :)

Macca
01-07-2012, 09:52
the music was Steely Dans Greatest Hits Side Three Track one, .

'Here At the Western World'

Outstanding tune, no wonder you got into hi-fi.:)

Welcome from me