PDA

View Full Version : Reason for Editing field is not mandatory

Gmanuk101
29-06-2012, 11:50
The "Reason for Editing" field is not mandatory when a user has edited a post.

Suggest making this a mandatory field

Beechwoods
29-06-2012, 11:52
You have something like 5 minutes after your initial post to make edits without it being noted beneath the post.

Apart from that Admin are the only users who can opt not to disclose edits. That, as they say, is a perk of the job :)

Just realised you're referring to the 'reason' statement that users can enter. If we make it mandatory (not sure if that's possible anyway) it would be impossible to make sure that the user was honest in the reason they entered. If there's something nefarious going on, report the post, and Admin can review the edits and make a call on that. Say, if terms on a sale post were changed against the purchasers favour via an edit after a sale been agreed.

Tim
29-06-2012, 11:54
Why? I can't think of any reason why it should be mandatory and even if it was, folk can put any BS they like as a reason which pretty much makes it pointless IMO :scratch:

MartinT
29-06-2012, 11:57
If I'm just fixing a typo I don't usually put a reason in. If I'm adding information or fixing someone else's post (as a mod), I will give the reason why.

Beechwoods
29-06-2012, 12:16
Commenting Mod amendments is a definite. Like you, spelling etc doesn't warrant disclosure in my book!

Martinh
29-06-2012, 12:43