PDA

View Full Version : Western Digital TV Live Hub

Stratmangler
26-06-2012, 11:51
Sick and tired of the stack of DVD and Blu Ray boxes in the vicinity of the goggle box (alright, these days it's not a box), I decided to do something about it, and bought one of these http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=570

I'm very pleased with it - sound and visual quality is excellent, and the user interface is simple and intuitive.
There is an HDMI output on the back - in my case it goes straight to the screen, but it could equally be routed to a HTR :)

The only downside is that I now need to backup all those DVDs and Blu Rays that prompted the purchase in the first place :doh:

Mothman
26-06-2012, 12:17
Looks good Chis. Is ripping your Blue Rays\DVD's as straight forward as ripiing CD's or is there more to it, I thought most DVD's were 'right' protected these days?

Stratmangler
26-06-2012, 12:30
I'm trialling DVDFab at the moment, and it's coping well with both types of disc.

Tim
27-06-2012, 15:39
I've had a WD TV Live for awhile now Chris and I love it - I have it networked to my NAS and it plays my DVD collection from there. A brilliant bit if kit that has improved over time with all the firmware updates. :)

AJSki2fly
08-10-2012, 21:59
I am thinking of getting one, I have ripped my Dvd's already but need to redo as some not great. I have a Buffalo linkstation coming to move the iTunes lib onto and re- import as aid the cd's. I intend to use the wd for casual jukebox listening but as good quality as I can get. How do you guys find the music interface to make playlists and select music.

By the way what is best software process to rip blu ray and DVD and get the 5.1?

Thanks

Adrian