PDA

View Full Version : Headshell mass: Jelco & Sumiko

camtwister
25-06-2012, 20:14
Hello all,

Does anyone know the mass of the Sumiko HS-12 headshell and the mass of the Jelco headshell supplied with the SA-750D arm?
Thanks.

Similarly, does anyone know which of the headshells has the greatest rigidity? Thank you.

kininigin
25-06-2012, 20:52
hi johnny,

The jelco is 12grms,and i think the sumiko is as well.

They are essentially the same headshell,as far as i'm aware.Not sure about the rigidity,of these headshells.

camtwister
27-06-2012, 07:38
Thanks Darren.
I'm doing the sums for cartridge / arm resonance and also considering rigidity when choosing my headshell.

camtwister
29-06-2012, 22:29
Further research, otherwise known as squinting at a laptop screen in the small hours, prompts me to suggest that the Jelco is a HS-25.
What are the differences between the HS-12 and the HS-25?

daytona600
30-06-2012, 05:05
not cheap but yamamoto soundcraft from japan make some great looking headshells
african ebony anyone

blake
30-06-2012, 13:36
Sumiko HS-12 and Jelco HS 20 are one and the same with fingerlift being attached across the top of the headshell.

Jelco HS-25 is probably exactly the same with one exception: the fingerlift is attached to the side of the headshell so no futzing with a fingerlift during cartridge installation. HS-25 would appear to be the "premium" Jelco product.

The Yamamotos look interesting but they are a single pin design as opposed to dual pin like the Jelcos and it appears that very few of them have azimuth adjustment (I was interested in the Boxwood as a lighter headshell and was told by a reputable E-Bay seller that it has no azimuth adjustment, which unfortunately ruled it out for me).