PDA

View Full Version : Hello from London

bronzeage
21-06-2012, 13:02
Hello everyone

My name is Marcus, and like everybody else here, have an active interest in hi-fi / music.

My tastes are anything jazzy, film scores, classical and some electronic bleeping.

My current kit is Harmon Kardon HD990 -> Arcam A38 -> Proac Tablette Anniversary.

Will be testing the Bushmaster DAC to see if it will become part of that family.

You all seem like a decent bunch, so looking forward to being part of the AOS family. :D

northwest
21-06-2012, 15:22
Welcome Marcus, they are, by and large, an interesting lot but take care, a DAC is just the edge of a precipice!

RobbieGong
21-06-2012, 21:04
Hi Marcus from a fellow Londoner (Well lived here since leaving school / Leeds back in 1981 :eek:). Welcome to the AOS stable, a great place to be - I love it and no doubt you will too :)

RichB
21-06-2012, 22:53
Welcome Marcus, they are, by and large, an interesting lot but take care, a DAC is just the edge of a precipice!

too right, I came by here looking for a dac and never left!

Welcome Marcus

Audio Al
22-06-2012, 03:31
Hello

Just outside London ( Thats Me )

Welcome to the forum :D

Bluedroog
22-06-2012, 09:31
Welcome to AOS.

Puffin
22-06-2012, 14:52
electronic bleeping

Is it a pacemaker:D

Oh... Welcome.

bronzeage
24-06-2012, 10:30
At last, I can post ! My ticker is currently au natural. Lummy, having some fun with the Bushmaster and how it responds to different interconnects - will post on the Bushmaster thread, but it's good stuff.

Tarzan
24-06-2012, 10:37
Hi Marcus, the HK990 and ProAc Tablette combo looks interesting, how does it sound?:)

jollyfix
24-06-2012, 11:23
Hello and welcome Marcus,you will find this forum very addictive.i have found the forum users to be very knowledgeable and helpful.Enjoy.

bronzeage
27-06-2012, 18:17
Hey Tarzan

The Proac Tablette are awesome speakers (to me at least). I tried out lots and lots of others, including KEF, Wharfedale, Monitor Audio, Rega, AST and too many others I can remember. These were a clear step above, very strong on imaging, smoothness and somehow can generate deep and room shaking bass (should you play that load - no chance at home!).

The HD990 is quite frankly a bargain - it can match the likes of Audiolab, Cyrus, Marantz etc, has DAC inputs as well.

The Bushmaster has a different sonic signature I would say - more suited to classical music, the stage is further back, and is more refined, especially when the volume goes up. The HD990 is great at rending realistic sounding instruments.

Will be playing around with different speaker cables, interconnects, power cables etc over the coming months - maybe they will do nothing, but maybe they will give alternatives. The one cables I heard that really made a difference was the Chord Chameleon Plus (with the VEE plugs) - so saving up for that.