PDA

View Full Version : Music and why it is important

northwest
21-06-2012, 09:58
Says it all really:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18421378

Something many of us have known for a long time, music brings people together. I am always dumbfounded when someone posts a topic entitled "leaving the hobby"! I just fail to get my head around this - What? You aren't going to listen to music again? Okay, I know what some mean, they have reached a point with their system and going further is not something they wish to do, but others I am not so sure about.
Music, certainly for me, is a massive part of my life and even if I never bought another piece of Hi-Fi equipment again it would remain a massive part of my life. These young children, learning how to play an instrument - well some of them will go on to create their own music and this could quite well be something that I might be listening to.
Great project.

The Grand Wazoo
21-06-2012, 23:17
It's pretty much the biggest part of my life. Apart from work, it's why I get out of bed in the morning.

Tim
24-06-2012, 15:51
Something many of us have known for a long time, music brings people together. I am always dumbfounded when someone posts a topic entitled "leaving the hobby"! I just fail to get my head around this - What? You aren't going to listen to music again? Okay, I know what some mean, they have reached a point with their system and going further is not something they wish to do, but others I am not so sure about.
Music, certainly for me, is a massive part of my life and even if I never bought another piece of Hi-Fi equipment again it would remain a massive part of my life. These young children, learning how to play an instrument - well some of them will go on to create their own music and this could quite well be something that I might be listening to.
Great project.
I think the most valid points are highlighted above, for me its not a hobby, its a way of life and the only thing that has remained constant in my life since an early age. Hobbies come and go, but music is part of my soul.

My system is important, but not as important as the music. I have reached a point with my system where I am totally content and can now just concentrate on buying and discovering new music ;)

Alex_UK
24-06-2012, 17:27
Amen to that, brother! :)

Gmanuk101
13-07-2012, 12:08
I just don't trust anyone who says "I don't really listen to music" their brains must be brittle

RichB
13-07-2012, 12:13
Its important to me... and hearing it replayed nicely is my hobby. I expect if i didnt have a system or access to music I'd sing or drum with my fingers!