PDA

View Full Version : My PSU is dead - plz help!

Dinodale
18-06-2012, 18:59
Hi all,

My KAB-PSU died this weekend. It looks switch on all the time even when the button is in off-mode. The light at my 1210 is also switch on. Unfortunately there isn't any power to start the TT (and hear vinyls snif, snif). I have checked my solderings and they looks fine. Now I would like to hear if any of you have any suggestions what might be wrong?

If I need to buy a "new" one what psu would be the best value for the money and for the sound? If any of you have one that you don't use anymore and would like to sell please let me know.

Marco
19-06-2012, 17:10
Guys,

Can anyone here help Claus? :)

Marco.

Wakefield Turntables
19-06-2012, 18:05
I'm getting rid of the timestep HSE, you can have it for £125, there will also be a small charge for postage if you decide to buy.

Mike
19-06-2012, 19:14
Try and get a repair first... it could be a very simple fault and it would give you time to consider potential upgrades! :)

Dinodale
19-06-2012, 19:16
I'm getting rid of the timestep HSE, you can have it for £125, there will also be a small charge for postage if you decide to buy.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for your very nice offer but I have just bought a SR5-21/27 from Paul.
Can't wait if I can hear any change in sq ;)

Dinodale
19-06-2012, 19:29
Try and get a repair first... it could be a very simple fault and it would give you time to consider potential upgrades! :)

Ups, didn't see your reply. I have tried to open the KAB-psu but couldn't see anything wrong with it. I don't got any equipment and skills to find the problem:scratch:
I had hoped it might have been a well known error but of course it is almost impossible for you guys to help when you can't see it yourself.

Anyway as mentioned before I have just bought a SR5-21/27 ;)

Mike
19-06-2012, 19:37
OK... Glad to see you're sorted! :)

Mike
19-06-2012, 20:48
It still might be worth repairing the KAB... it will at leat have some value!