PDA

View Full Version : Rotel RA-920AX - what's it worth?

Mr Nad
17-06-2012, 11:29
I have a Rotel RA-920AX amp that is in excellent condition. Use by my Dad for a few years, then by me, but only in the study, so very little use.

The question is - how much is it worth?

Would I be wasting time trying to sell it on eBay, or would Cash Converters be a better bet?

Lenny

DSJR
17-06-2012, 11:36
Hope I've got this right - the "9" series is late 90's?

If so, it must be worth at least fifty notes to someone - nice little amp and a cut above the cheap Denons of the period, which themselves were no slouches as I remember (PMA350 especially). If no takers here, ask Dave at Greenhome Electronics if he'd have it off you for a fair price...

Mr Nad
17-06-2012, 13:02
I recall buying a system for my Dad in the early 90's (before I was married). I bought him the amp, an Eclipse (?) tuner, and JPW Gold monitors, a tape deck (forgot the make of it).

This and the speakers are all that remain, as I gave the rest to charity when he died.

So, this amp must be from the early 1990's. I've just taken a closer look at it, and it is in remarkably good condition for its age. A couple of very small scratches to the front fascia and one to the top, but nothing else.

Like me, my Dad really looked after things.

If the price is right, I'll let it go...

Macca
17-06-2012, 13:18
keep an eye on this one and see what it goes for.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotel-amplifier-model-No-RA-920AX-/251083187234?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiF i_Amplifiers&hash=item3a75b96422

Only a day left. I agree with Dave must be worth £50 of anyone's money. If you have the original box and the manual that will help too.

Mr Nad
17-06-2012, 13:39
No box or manual. But that was down to my Dad. I am an inveterate box keeper, much to my wife's annoyance!