PDA

View Full Version : AK4396 DAC Board

alan47
16-06-2012, 16:54
I have one of these on my workbench,it is out of a Finished 2496 Chinese dac.
I complained to the supplier that the op amp was soldered straight into the board,and he sent me a new one which i have fitted,not that it sounds any different.I was about to toss it in the bin,but if anybody wants it give me a pm
and some postage.

StanleyB
16-06-2012, 16:58
Can you hang onto it for me? I got somebody doing an AB test with the BM and the AK4396 and might need to find out some things.
If I can manage to get it to sound better you can even have it back afterwards.

Ali Tait
16-06-2012, 17:07
Those dacs are very good with some tweaks. A good point is there is a differential output that can be fed straight into the grids of a valve output stage.

alan47
16-06-2012, 17:13
Now i have a problem,both you and northwest showed an interest at exactly 17.58.what say i give it to northwest,and you can cajole it off him at a later date,eh!

StanleyB
16-06-2012, 17:17
Just give it to NW :).

northwest
16-06-2012, 17:28
Well, after I have put it together I will take it down to Stan's when I go audition the Bushmaster. Then if he needs it for a couple of days, no biggie, I can pick it up later. Win/Win

StanleyB
16-06-2012, 18:27
Don't worry Graham. I am having a discussion on another forum in a different country and different language where few people are comparing a couple of DACs with the AK chip versus the Wolfson chip. I don't need the board for anything specific so no need to go out of your way.

northwest
16-06-2012, 19:12
Don't worry Graham. I am having a discussion on another forum in a different country and different language where few people are comparing a couple of DACs with the AK chip versus the Wolfson chip. I don't need the board for anything specific so no need to go out of your way.

No worries Stan. I am still taking you up on your offer of a demo though!