PDA

View Full Version : Late Hello

theone999
13-01-2009, 23:20
Hey people:

You might already have read the 7510+ thread I started but I didn't realise people here actually used the welcome sub-forum. So my interest in audio equipment wise started from portable audio, I used to post a lot on Head-Fi. Having gone through several CD-players then DAPs (mp3) and in-ear-monitors I currently use: Cowon A3 (60gb PMP) + ACS T2 (Custom made IEM)

Then I fiddled about with 5.1 PC packages, dipped toes into HT 5.1 setups over at AV-Forums. But now going back to 2.1 with laptop as source, I'm planning: Adam A7 (incoming nearfield mains) + SVS SB12+ (subwoofer kept from last 5.1 system, intending swap for BK Monolith FF later) + Beresford 7510+ (incoming DAC)

Will probably also buy XTZ RoomAnalyser + something from Behringer to fine tune the system mainly for the sub. Room acoustic treatment sadly is not an option as I rent.

My name is Leo & location is in Leeds, UK.

Beechwoods
13-01-2009, 23:46
Welcome welcome welcome! Better late than never, eh. The Welcome sub-forum is where Marco always asks people what their first name is. You can even make one up!

Good choice of DAP. I have a Cowon iAudio M5L which I really rate. Cowon gear is really good in the portable space. I have Rockbox (http://www.rockbox.org/) open-source firmware running on mine. It's a lot better quality and better at handling different formats than the Cowon native firmware. Not sure if they have a version for the A3 yet. The M3 is covered. Keep an eye on them, their project is very active :)

Filterlab
23-01-2009, 18:32
Welcome to The Art of Sound! :)