PDA

View Full Version : Lockwood Audio Exclusive.......

PaulStewart
16-06-2012, 14:00
New exclusive visit to Lockwood Audio to mark the relaunch of their classic designs and a new model. Also, many new music features including a new featured video by Presley Johnson. www.musicosis.co.uk (http://www.musicosis.co.uk)

DSJR
16-06-2012, 14:22
Wonderful, and I sincerely hope the incredible prices don't go through the roof, as this is the main trouble with selling Prestige Tannoys on the UK, appearance aside. Nobody wants to pay the prices asked and even mint used ones a year or so old will only fetch a third to a half of new prices.

Marco
16-06-2012, 14:46
Awesome, Paul, and thanks for sharing!

The prices are excellent, I guess because HPD drivers are being used, rather than Monitor Reds or Golds...

However, these speakers will still offer quite phenomenal SPPV, and so I wish Lockwood every success with them. AoS will certainly support the venture in any way we can :)

Marco.

Jonboy
16-06-2012, 15:06
Lovely things and fantastic value, i'm still very tempted to go for a pair one day, must finish the extension first though:(

Barry
16-06-2012, 17:24
Good to see a respected British company brought back and in production. Too much of the established British audio industry has been flogged off to China.

DSJR
16-06-2012, 17:36
I like the idea that the drivers can be specified either with foam, or the new stuff they use and, if it's different, the original surround which may offer a slightly dryer bass in such large cabinets?

Mike
16-06-2012, 22:17
Seriously tempted.... maybe I should dive in before they go ballistic! :scratch:

<wanders off counting stuff>

PaulStewart
16-06-2012, 22:37
Dave R, the hard surround was originally developed for the Japanese market. The sound is indeed tighter and also gains in extension. Marco, they can be bought case only if one has the drivers and have Lockwood service and fit them. They also do uprated crossovers, which I hope to review soon. As my Academy IIs are tatty after surviving two studios inc the BBC, I may get them re-veneered and serviced by them in the future. If we move somewhere with space to put the edit suit in it's own room, then I will jump at. pairbof Majors

MCRU
19-06-2012, 14:28
Dave R, the hard surround was originally developed for the Japanese market. The sound is indeed tighter and also gains in extension. Marco, they can be bought case only if one has the drivers and have Lockwood service and fit them. They also do uprated crossovers, which I hope to review soon. As my Academy IIs are tatty after surviving two studios inc the BBC, I may get them re-veneered and serviced by them in the future. If we move somewhere with space to put the edit suit in it's own room, then I will jump at. pairbof Majors

Paul the images do not appear in either chrome or firefox browsers?

Put me down for a set (trade price eh?????) :)

Marco
19-06-2012, 17:14
Lol, nice one... They'll be very different from your 'Eddingdales'! :eyebrows:

Marco.

A.Grail
19-06-2012, 22:31
Nick's a nice guy I've enjoyed pestering him with issues to which he's always been accommodating, he's also still in close communication with Roger should a second opinion be required