PDA

View Full Version : Paul from Germany

J-PG
16-06-2012, 00:41
Hello everyone,

I'm Paul, 24 years old, student of communication design in Berlin and I LOVE MUSIC ( surprise ^^ )!

I came across this forum through Stanley Beresfords website.
After some unpleasant budget DAC / headphone / amp solutions ( Sennheiser HD 598 - Cmoy, FiiO E10, TC Konnekt 8) I was sick of my daily tech-research and nearly gave up on finding a budget solution with superb sound quality. I then stumbled upon the Bushmaster and after a little research about Stan and his products, I ordered one right away!

I really want to share my impressions of my new combo in the ''Beresford Bushmaster DAC Reviews'' thread but I'll stick to the rules first. ;)

I am not fixated on a special genre, I listen to everything that sounds good to me, for example:

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dire Straits, Incubus, Andy McKee, Linnzi Zaorski, The Eagles, Daft Punk, Jack Johnson, John Frusciante, Japanese Rock/Pop, Tenacious D, Harold Faltermeyer, Agnes Obel, Transformers Score (love it)…and a whole lot more

I'm relatively new to the ''technical side'' of listening to music, but I play acoustic and electric guitar for about 12 years now and would say that my auditive perception is not as undeveloped as my technical knowledge of DACs, amps…and so on. I'm very picky ( more pedantic ) when it comes to details and try hard not to be manipulated by all the sweet talk about gear…it's pretty hard though!

My current setup: Macbook Pro with built-in 3,5mm optical output --> 3,5mm to Toslink adapter + Toslink cable (cheap one, have to replace it) --> Bushmaster --> Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ohm

Software: Fidelia , iTunes ( to manage my collection )

Files: Mostly lossless-files, some good quality mp3's have survived my unforgiving Bushmaster-DT880-Combo though

As you may have noticed, I tend to write too much :doh: but I wanted say more than ''Hello, I'm…and I like music''! : )

Paul

John
16-06-2012, 05:55
WElcome to AOS Paul
Excellent introduction and good wide taste in music I hope you enjoy it here

StanleyB
16-06-2012, 09:31
Hi Paul,

fancy meeting you here :D.

My current setup: Macbook Pro with built-in 3,5mm optical output --> 3,5mm to Toslink adapter + Toslink cable (cheap one, have to replace it) --> Bushmaster --> Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ohm

I am sure a lot of us will be VERY interested in your views on how the Bushmaster performs with a 600 Ohms headphone. I haven't been able to try one out, but hopefully your impressions will finally answer some important questions.

Werner Berghofer
16-06-2012, 10:45
Stanley,

I haven't been able to try one out […]

quote from the “Bushmaster” Instruction Manual: “The Bushmaster headphone output is driven by a high-end headphone amplifier. It is designed to drive loads between 12 to 600 Ohms.”

During the years you have been developing the “Bushmaster” there was not even one opportunity to test it with 600 Ω headphones? I am amazed.

Werner.

StanleyB
16-06-2012, 11:37
I don't own any Beyer headphones. The only 600 Ohms cans that I have access to is a Sennheiser that is not in the best of state.

J-PG
17-06-2012, 16:37
Thank you John! :)

Yes Stan :eyebrows:, I thought it would be better to post in the Bushmaster review thread instead of flooding you with ''silly'' emails!

You must look like that every day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyWwEm-rKUY

I'm waiting for the SBooster and a better Toslink cable to arrive, the review should be ready on Thursday / Friday.

Doh, Werner, you ruined my promised warm welcome! :whippin:

Paul

jostber
17-06-2012, 16:56
Welcome to the forum! Enjoying music to the most in different formats is the way here.

Reid Malenfant
17-06-2012, 19:04
Hi Paul, welcome here from me as well :) No idea about writing too much, was a superb introduction with good insight to your musical tastes etc!

A nice varied mixture of music for someone of your age I reckon, keep it up & enjoy :cool:

Hope you enjoy your stay here while I'm at it :D

J-PG
18-06-2012, 16:07
Thank you Jostein and Mark! : )

Mark Grant
18-06-2012, 17:19
I'm waiting for the SBooster and a better Toslink cable to arrive, the review should be ready on Thursday / Friday.

Paul

Welcome Paul.

The SBooster should arrive very soon, thanks for the order :)

J-PG
18-06-2012, 18:10
Thank you Mark! :D

Can't wait for the package to arrive!!!! :drool:

Greetings from Berlin

Paul