PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried these?

dave2010
12-06-2012, 17:09
http://www.richersounds.com/product/phono-pre-amps/ion/record-2-pc/ion-record-2-pc

Any good, or just rubbish at that price? I wondered if these might work for digitising the odd LP or two.

dave2010
14-06-2012, 22:02
Darn ... the price has gone up again. When I last looked I thought these were under £20. I was just beginning to think it might be worth having one - but at £30-ish it can wait, and I might get something else to do the same job anyway.

Reid Malenfant
14-06-2012, 22:09
Bag-O-Shite I reckon...

Sorry, but this must incorporate decent RIAA equalisation & then provide a digital output...

Sounds like you are asking the kettle to do you toast & a full English breakfast :lol:

I'd love to be proven wrong though :)

sq225917
14-06-2012, 22:25
No reason why 40db of gain, riaa equalisation and a simple D-A can't be assembled for less than a tenner in bulk quantities. It's not going to challenge more exotic parts though.

dave2010
15-06-2012, 04:27
These seem to get more thumbs from some people - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-UFO202-U-phono-Audio-Interface/dp/B002GHBYZ0

I used to be able to do Line Level in using a Creative Soundblaster external MP3+ unit - really not bad, even though "only" 16 bits, but (1) it doesn't do pickups (MM or MC) and (2) I can't find the drivers for it, so it's stuck on one Windows machine which I don't use much. Also, not sure if there ever were any drivers for that device suitable for Mac.

Like some others I could obviously do TT -> amp -> DAC -> computer, but would require moving a fair bit of kit around, and probably not allowed to be permanent - if you know what I mean!

StanleyB
15-06-2012, 04:57
I got a MM/MC phono stage to optical out converter under development but I have had to put it aside for a while whilst I got on with some other things (i.e. Bushmaster). I'll see if I can find any or all of the various test boards and post a pic in case anyone needs a bit of hope to hold on to that a solution is on the horizon.