PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) WAD 25T XL speakers in situ.

tommy1
12-01-2009, 19:08
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc98/peanut38/creamyjohn028.jpg

Very pleased with these. Bought from goomer (a gent). They wouldn't work in his rearranged room. I stripped the old mahogany wax off (took a couple of days but I think it was worth the effort). Am looking to upgrade the crossovers to V2 but not urgent now i've sorted the room out!
The rest is, SB3 through Cambridge 840C DAC. Tube Technology Unisis.

Gromit
12-01-2009, 19:33
Fair do's Tommy - they are gorgeous speakers. Nice large box, nothing fancy (I hate speakers which look like they're off a 4' high ghetto blaster) just damn good sound. :)

These are in fact on my shortlist for when we move into our bigger house - if we'd been there now I'd have snapped the WD's up.

tommy1
12-01-2009, 19:47
Thanks Richard, I just missed out on them when simong sold them. Second time lucky though. Sometimes you switch the computer on and theres a lovely surprise waiting for you! That was certainely the case with these babies.
I very rarely buy brand new kit but was within a whisker of ordering a pair from WD, as i've only ever seen this pair for sale second hand. You're more than welcome to come and have a listen if you're down this way.