PDA

View Full Version : Weiss MAN301 Music Archive Network Player

purite audio
09-06-2012, 11:30
Weiss MAN 301 Server
A brief summary.
We have had the Weiss MAN 301 ( Music Archive Network Player) here for a week now, and it is hugely impressive,I thought I would write a very brief summation of its facilities and how easy it is to set up and use.
Let's consider you have no experience with computer audio and have been listening to CDs ,to begin it is necessary to rip those CDs onto some form of storage, we can do that for you, and a couple of other Weiss retailers will also perform that service.
Or with the Weiss you simply turn on the machine, one button , slide a cd into the slot, the Weiss will automatically rip the CD,find the track titles andr album art, with the touch of the IPad that cd will be added to your music library.
If you want to change the tagging ,you simply choose press the edit button, and type from your iPad the changes to Artist,Album,
genre,tracks whatever you wish.
To actually play the track, you simply touch the album art, you can ply single tracks the whole album, make your own playlists ,which you can store, decide to play everything from the same composer or with the same conductor whatever criteria you choose.
Everyfunction is controlled from the Weiss IPad APP including volume.
The MAN can also be used as a preamp, it wil play network radio, it has four variable output levels each input /output can be level matched and most importantly the sound is absolutely sublime the first box I have heard that is better than my MBP/Amarra.
The 301 is really a cd player for the 21st century.
Keith.