PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Floorstanders £350 budget

kash
08-06-2012, 21:52
Looking for some floorstanders that are not to big and can be placed close to the wall, so preferably front, bottom or not ported at all. cherry veneer prefered.

Cheers

DSJR
08-06-2012, 22:09
Look out for some vintage Rega ELA's, preferably the later one that doesn't lean back although it doesn't matter too much. Their Jura's can be used close to a wall in mk2 form (base/plinth same colour as speakers) or with the ports semi-bunged in mk1 form (black base/plinth).

Naim IBL's may fall into your price range - Kans with slightly smoother balance.

The KEF Q35's in later form could sound nice fairly close to walls and are cheap to buy used..

Apologies, I have no idea about new speakers at this price. Since most are Chinese made I think, they'll be dirt cheaply imported and may have boom for bass for all I know ;) There were some new JBL's at under £500 that HFW liked, but how they'd work close to walls I don't know.

One final possible used buy for under £500 - Rega R3?

DaveK
08-06-2012, 22:14
Looking for some floorstanders that are not too big and can be placed close to the wall, so preferably front, bottom or not ported at all. cherry veneer prefered.

Cheers

I have some that fit that bill exactly - a pair of Mission 773es in Rosewood - in good nick - would you be interested at £125.00? I'm in Sheffield.
Dave

Neff
09-06-2012, 15:36
I have sent you a PM

Neff
12-06-2012, 21:15
Offer withdrawn due to lack of response here or via PM . I really don't understand why people ignore private messaging or thread updates when they have been online after the event , it is not a polite way of dealing with people in my opinion .

Hope you get sorted .

JLN
13-06-2012, 13:45
Look out for some System Audio's - SA1530 or SA1730 or SA1750 - rare in uk but tall and thin and great sound in your budget.

Volante
13-06-2012, 15:06
Buy yourself a lovely pair of B & W DM4s with stands (essential) and you will be amazed at how they fill the room with good sound. There are plenty around and can be had for c. £120 to £150 depending on condition

Gazjam
14-06-2012, 22:56
Offer withdrawn due to lack of response here or via PM . I really don't understand why people ignore private messaging or thread updates when they have been online after the event , it is not a polite way of dealing with people in my opinion .

Hope you get sorted .

DaveK is a long standing member on here, if he never responded he had his reasons.

He's one of the good guys, honest. :)

Neff
15-06-2012, 07:17
DaveK is a long standing member on here, if he never responded he had his reasons.

I was not referring to DaveK but thanks for the message .

DaveK
15-06-2012, 08:48

Hi Gaz,
Thanks very much mate, much appreciated - I didn't know you cared :lol: ;) .
As an aside, I'm glad I'm not the only one on here that gets confused ocassionally :ner: :lol: .
Dave.