PDA

View Full Version : FS: Randall Research - "Symmetrical TX" 1.5m RCA pair interconnects

jandl100
06-06-2012, 14:21
Very nice cables, quite stiff. Locking RCA

Our very own Frank effem put me on to these - he dropped me a PM - "great cables on eBay, Jerry" he said "snaffle them up". So I did. :) Frank's got good ears.
He reckoned they have pure silver conductors - I'll have to take his word on that.
That was about 6 months or more ago - I've been using them ever since. But time for a change!

Very clean, pure, open sound. Loadsa detail, great bass.

£35 plus postage - call it £38 in the UK. Dead cheap for what they are! :thumbsup: ... but that's eBay for you! :eyebrows:

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/jandl100/DSCF7775.jpg

hifi_dave
06-06-2012, 14:30
Good cables. I've got a pair in my 'cable box'.

Were hundreds of Pounds, many years ago, when they were imported by Absolute Sounds.

jandl100
06-06-2012, 14:40
:eek: maybe I should add a zero to the asking price?

Effem
06-06-2012, 15:01
Very nice cables, quite stiff. Locking RCA

Our very own Frank effem put me on to these - he dropped me a PM - "great cables on eBay, Jerry" he said "snaffle them up". So I did. :) Frank's got good ears.
He reckoned they have pure silver conductors - I'll have to take his word on that.
That was about 6 months or more ago - I've been using them ever since. But time for a change!

Very clean, pure, open sound. Loadsa detail, great bass.

£35 plus postage - call it £38 in the UK. Dead cheap for what they are! :thumbsup: ... but that's eBay for you! :eyebrows:

As I understand it the conductors are made from pure silver and it's the Teflon and air space dielectric that makes them rather stiff. Good quality plugs though.

I would also agree 100% with Jerry that they have a clean pure open sound, able to convey ambience and space without harshness or hardness. The bass is awesomely deep too.

I still have mine in my system and they please me immensely, so at a mere 35 of your english pounds it really is a steal :eyebrows:

Covenant
06-06-2012, 15:25
I will have them please Jerry if they are still available.

jandl100
06-06-2012, 15:26
I will have them please Jerry if they are still available.

:thumbsup:

PM me your address, Jerry, and I'll get 'em in the post tomorrow. :)

jandl100
06-06-2012, 15:44
SOLD. :)

Darren
06-06-2012, 20:17
Good God. There's a blast from the past. Martin Colloms really rated these back in the late eighties. I think they were £300 or so back then.

Covenant
06-06-2012, 20:22
Good God. There's a blast from the past. Martin Colloms really rated these back in the late eighties. I think they were £300 or so back then.

Should be a good match for my old Vandersteen speakers then!:)

I think they are copper rather than silver Jerry, I found a few comments on t'internet.

DaveK
06-06-2012, 21:23
Hi Jerry,
Reallly hope that you like these but if you don't - you know what I'm like for silver in my system - can I have first refusal please (mate ;) :lol: )?
Cheers,
Dave.

Covenant
07-06-2012, 06:44
Hi Jerry,
Reallly hope that you like these but if you don't - you know what I'm like for silver in my system - can I have first refusal please (mate ;) :lol: )?
Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Dave,

I think Jerry got it wrong, reading snippets on the web they appear to be ultra pure copper. TBH they are bit long so if you fancy a swapsy I am up for it once I have tried 'em.
I was going to use them on the Custom Hifi cable preamp when Sean sends it..

jandl100
07-06-2012, 13:54
Oh dear - sorry to have misled anyone. :( ... I just repeated what Frank told me, as explained in the original post.

Anyhoo - they are in the hands of Royal Mail now ....

Effem
07-06-2012, 18:53
Oh dear - sorry to have misled anyone. :( ... I just repeated what Frank told me, as explained in the original post.

Anyhoo - they are in the hands of Royal Mail now ....

I only know what the seller told me too when I bought them . . . . . . :scratch:

Got me wondering now so will have to peel off them phono plugs for a proper look-see :eyebrows:

Covenant
07-06-2012, 18:59
Frank, don't knacker your cables on my behalf. If they are good cables they will be fine. I do like silver and use them for my headphone amp but good quality copper is ok.

jandl100
07-06-2012, 20:18
Jerry, if you want to return them for a refund, it's no problem at all! :thumbsup:

Covenant
07-06-2012, 20:27
Jerry, if you want to return them for a refund, it's no problem at all! :thumbsup:

Na, I'll just pass them on to DaveK-damn-meant to send that as a PM!:lol:

DaveK
07-06-2012, 20:55
Na, I'll just pass them on to DaveK-damn-meant to send that as a PM!:lol:

Saw'right, I wasn't listnin' :lol:
My view is that, although I like silver cables, based on what I've currently got, I buy/keep a cable for what it sounds like, not what it's made from - sound per pound, rather than sound per troy ounce ;) .
Cheers,
Dave.

Covenant
09-06-2012, 16:08
Cables arrived today, many thanks Jerry. They ooze quality, super locking connectors. I have only listened to a few tracks but I can tell they are top class with superb imaging and timbre.
Glad I got in quick before that old nowty troublemaker from Sheffield.

DaveK
09-06-2012, 16:55
Cables arrived today, many thanks Jerry. They ooze quality, super locking connectors. I have only listened to a few tracks but I can tell they are top class with superb imaging and timbre.
Glad I got in quick before that old nowty troublemaker from Sheffield.

Mmmm, I take it you don't like 'em then and after that comment I wouldn't have them off you if you gave them to me :lol: . I do insist however on having first refusal just so's I can have the pleasure of telling you what you can do with them :ner: :lol: ;) .
Cheers,
Dave.