PDA

View Full Version : FS: Garrard 401 in Bastin plinth, with NA Spacearm

Peter Stockwell
11-01-2009, 11:52
Spring cleanout has come early this year. I've put my 401 up for sale on ebay:

http://shop.ebay.fr/merchant/peters3000_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Have a look, bid and push the price up so I can buy an SP10 :)

DSJR
11-01-2009, 12:12
I'll give you £50 for the lot ;)

Hang on, I doubt I'd get the MAT for that price these days - Boooooooo

Very good luck with your sale. I loved a 301/Bastin plinth/OmegaPoint arm/Decca Silver-VDH deck I had the pleasure of setting up for a friend some years ago.

Peter Stockwell
11-01-2009, 12:55
Thanks Dave,

Somebody on here has already stumped up an € for the 401. There's 7 watchers on the motor unit.

I'll be sorry to see the 401 go, and who knows I may regret it, but I just don't have the space to have multiple turntables.

DSJR
11-01-2009, 14:21
Wish I could get mine back, but the chap who put it into storage twenty years or so ago denies ever having seen it - he's honest and I really do think it's memory lapse...

Peter Stockwell
14-01-2009, 09:03
I'm sure I'll have some regrets about selling this, but It'll surely go to a good home. For the purists it's not in stock condition, but for listening to music dificult to find a better example.

Mike
17-01-2009, 13:05
Hope you got a good price for it Peter?

I'd have probably let the auction end personally, I'm sure there was going to be a last minute bidding war! :eyebrows:

Peter Stockwell
17-01-2009, 17:50
Mike,

I got a fair price for it (1200€) and a shure V15 Type III with a new stylus. I sold the Plinth/Motor/Arm together. I was really worried about shipping the plinth. It would have cost a lot and I had to make shipping boxes. I managed to sell locally, it went to its new home in a taxi.

I demoed it full bore without the Bastin Power supply, and it sounded really great (made me wonder why I was selling it :mental:, and the buyer thought I was :mental: ).

But I have this Technics SP10 project that I want to complete before the years end, so something had to go.