PDA

View Full Version : Tim

boldrick1
03-06-2012, 19:10
Hello

I'm Tim from Stockport . I've been interested in music and HiFi since I was about 10.

My system improved dramatically once I was earning and it has changed and improved over the years . I built my first speakers out of flooring grade chip board using drive units from Wimslow audio ( when they were actually based in Wimslow!)

My wife and family are very understanding !

My musical tastes are wide and varied - but I particularly like Brian eno, Bowie, david Byrne, magazine, john vale, bork, sigur ros, jonsi , ryuichi sakamoto etc etc

I have lots of ambient music which my family hate

My current system is mainly cd and iPod based with some unusual combinations

Cd. Is a faroudja dv1000 used as a transport. Classic iPods through a wadia I transport . Both CDs and iPods go into a monarchy dip to reduce jitter which then feed into a musical fidelity kw dm25 Dac

Preamp is a border patrol control unit into a dynavector hx75 power amplifier . Mogami speaker cables into shahinian obelisk speakers

I use still points isolation under most units and the shahinians are on still point component stands to get rid of bass bloom caused by my suspended wood floors.

This may all seem very strange, but it works for me

Tim

Spectral Morn
03-06-2012, 19:24
Welcome to AOS Tim, hope you enjoy your time here :cool:

Reid Malenfant
03-06-2012, 19:30
Hi Tim, a warm welcome to AoS from me :)

Apart from the fact that I also love ambient music I own a couple of Monarchy DIPs, so you aren't alone on that score!

Here's hoping you enjoy your stay here now you have cleared things up :)

Bests to you :cool:

MartinT
03-06-2012, 20:40
Welcome to AoS, Tim. Unusual power amp, how did you come by it?

boldrick1
04-06-2012, 08:02
I bought it from someone on another forum a few years ago - part payment and part exchange ( sudden a21a)

A stunning power amp -which I thought would be my final one -but I'm upgrading to its big brother the hx1.2

The hx75 is for sale on the classifieds

Tim