PDA

View Full Version : Heybrook hb3 series 2 new surrounds

basnas
02-06-2012, 16:33
Hi
Just got hands on this super speaker Heybrook hb3
And need new surrounds on the Seas 11 fm.
i can see on the ebay, that i can get rubber insted of foam.

Is the rubber bad for the sound?

best jan

Reid Malenfant
02-06-2012, 16:55
Is it a midrange driver in a three way system?

basnas
02-06-2012, 18:23
yes

Reid Malenfant
02-06-2012, 18:35
Well it shouldn't matter if you fit a rubber roll rather than foam in that case. In fact it's a damn good idea :D

If it was a bass unit then it might affect the driver parameters & it may not work as well in the enclosure. With a mid it won't have the same problem as it'll be driven from a much higher frequency than it's mechanical parameters will have any effect on :)

Go for it :cool:

DSJR
02-06-2012, 18:38
Good luck. These were very difficult to get to work very well at the time, even the much improved mk2's, and anything you can do to service and set them up properly will be essential, since they are definitely not a fit-and-forget kind of product.

basnas
02-06-2012, 19:19
Hi Dave

My amps is Croft series 25RS and a Series 7R. Do you think maybe the heybrook and croft gear will fit.Or maybe it is to bright in Sound.
The HB3 is bright in sound i think.
best jan

DSJR
02-06-2012, 20:07
Well, put it this way - it'll be the speaker's fault if the sonics ain't right :lol:

The HB3 series was designed to be used close (ish) to a wall if not backed right up to it. A bright balance isn't too bad an issue if there's no sharp irregularities in the response as the mk1's could have from memory. Again, more modern sources may well transform them and the 25RS has a pallette of tonal colur and expression (if there in the source obviously) that the Naims and similar we used back then couldn't even hope to emulate - Naim have moved on too of course.......