PDA

View Full Version : Coming Soon | Tellurium Q USB Cable

MCRU
01-06-2012, 18:13
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/themainsman/Logos/43482742.jpg

I have heard it is rather special, stocks arriving next week, details to be released shortly, £295 (I think!)

realysm42
01-06-2012, 18:38
*Coughs* Sub-woofer cables?

MCRU
07-07-2012, 14:39
*Coughs* Sub-woofer cables?

TQ will make you a sub cable Martin no problem, what length?

USB cable is now available and a "must have" for computer audiophiles. The Squeezebox Touch can be modified to enable the USB output to be used to communicate with a DAC.

£299 for 1 metre

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/themainsman/Tellurium%20Q/bcfd58fc.jpg

realysm42
09-07-2012, 10:10
I only ask because I wonder if their ethos (to combat phase distortion) can do for my sub what their cables did for me speakers; I like the bass on my system but I don't know any better.

I'd need 2.5 meters; my system uses 2 cables to run to my sub (line out I think?).

Cheers mate.

DSJR
09-07-2012, 12:08
In what way can you say the improvement occurs in your USB cable?

MCRU
09-07-2012, 12:20
In what way can you say the improvement occurs in your USB cable?

It's not mine, I sell them, try one for yourself as you get a 30 day money back guarantee and after all this is a "for sale" thread.

I will even pay your return postage if you want to send it back. The TQ USB cable is nowhere near as expensive as some other ones, Oyaide make a pure silver one which is £500+.

As to your original question, I don't have the same equipment as you so it's best to listen to one yourself in your own system, if the improvements are commensurate with money spent keep it, if not send it back, cannot be much fairer than that.:)

I had similar hesitation with the Meicord Ethernet Cables I sell, £65 for a cat cable is ridiculous many said, after trying them everyone kept theirs. Malcolm Steward reviewed it a month ago in Hi-Fi Choice, 5 stars, Martin Colloms has one too and he likes it.

http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/1023-large/meicord-audiophile-ethernet-network-cables.jpg (http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/streaming-accessories/308-meicord-audiophile-ethernet-network-cables.html)

Computer Audio is still in it's infancy but one thing is certain, cables make a massive difference in this area too.

Hope that answers your question in full.

P.S You can have a TQ USB cable free of charge to trial if you pm me.

DSJR
09-07-2012, 13:05
Thank you for the offer, but I'll decline thanks. I don't stream any music for any form of "High Fidelity" listening at present, and for other uses, I don't see the need for a cure to a problem I don't have in terms of data transfer :)

Russell Turner
09-07-2012, 22:09
I am a tad sceptical on "Audiophile" USB cables masen it has to be said, as well as Ethernet cables... As long as the cable is the correct specification and the connectors are terminated correctly with no faults then I cannot possibly see the benefit of them.

Audio cables I will agree they do make a difference as audio is a completely differing signal compared to a Serial bus or a 802.1 type signal, but audiophile Ethernet / USB cables nope I am sorry doesn't wash with me.

:)

Chops
10-07-2012, 04:33
I am a tad sceptical on "Audiophile" USB cables masen it has to be said, as well as Ethernet cables... As long as the cable is the correct specification and the connectors are terminated correctly with no faults then I cannot possibly see the benefit of them.

Audio cables I will agree they do make a difference as audio is a completely differing signal compared to a Serial bus or a 802.1 type signal, but audiophile Ethernet / USB cables nope I am sorry doesn't wash with me.

:)

+1

Alex_UK
10-07-2012, 06:46
Guys - please remember, this is an advert, and any discussions should be restricted to the sale - please read the full post here. (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13935)

Dave (Brooks) - please let us know if you would like the off topic posts moved to a more suitable thread?

sq225917
10-07-2012, 06:50
I'm typically sceptical about differences made by swapping data cables. So much so that I use a £5 Firewire cable with a £5500 dac simply because I was unable to hear any difference between it and a selection of other more expensive options.

Similarly I've never been able to hear a difference with USb cables with those USB dacs that i have own/own m2tech Young and an Mdac.

But at the Manchester show in the Chord cables room there was an obvious difference between the stock cable and their £40 cable when plugged into the Arcam r-dac.

So never say never...

brian2957
10-07-2012, 07:57
I've used various USB cables and all made a difference , some better some worse.

MCRU
10-07-2012, 11:06
There are 1000's of not millions of audiophiles in the world, luckily I am global and have sold "plenty" of USB and ethernet cables, funnily enough every single person who used these is happy that I know of.

The Meicord ethernet cable received 5 stars in HI-Fi Choice, I fully expect the TQ USB cable to receive a similar accolade when it gets reviewed soon.

I am used to people posting negative comments in my for sale threads, it's part of a cable sellers life. I would say however it's rude if you have not tried the cables in the thread and are just trying to crap the thread for the sake of it!

Russell Turner
10-07-2012, 12:20
I ain't thread crapping and apologies if it looks that way... I have been an IT engineer now for nigh on 25 years or so, I have seen all incarnations of Ethernet cabling and USB devices in this field...

The technologies that are in debate here (in my opinion) would not benefit in anyway from OFC, cryo this, gold plated that, etc constructions, for heaven's sake the devices that are providing these signals are a pile of crap in most cases anyways.

Since when has anyone developed a Audiophile Intel or Broadcom NIC chipset (or comparable USB chipset), they haven't because there is no need to, the technology wouldn't benefit from it.

All this of course in my point of view, but I am sure any network / IT Engineer worth his salt would concur.

MCRU
10-07-2012, 12:42
It's all about the music. Regardless of what the cable is made from or what plugs or connectors it has on or what it plugs into does it make the music sound better, in the end that is all that counts.

realysm42
10-07-2012, 14:23
This argument just doesn't stop does it lol :lol:

Maybe it will work, maybe it won't; there's no science to justify either outcome (and if there is it's incomplete).

All I know is that if it does somehow imrpove my experience I don't give a rat's arse, I'm happy, so I'll have a go ;)

JazzBones
10-07-2012, 16:41
I ain't thread crapping and apologies if it looks that way... I have been an IT engineer now for nigh on 25 years or so, I have seen all incarnations of Ethernet cabling and USB devices in this field...

The technologies that are in debate here (in my opinion) would not benefit in anyway from OFC, cryo this, gold plated that, etc constructions, for heaven's sake the devices that are providing these signals are a pile of crap in most cases anyways.

Since when has anyone developed a Audiophile Intel or Broadcom NIC chipset (or comparable USB chipset), they haven't because there is no need to, the technology wouldn't benefit from it.

All this of course in my point of view, but I am sure any network / IT Engineer worth his salt would concur.

Russell, I'm up front here, 'I know squiddly, diddly fart' about IT and so on, Don't forget that Brooksy's thread is just an offer to sell something and he also has the priviso that if its not for you you gets your money back
can't do better than that... unlike the computer manufacturers who are as pleasant as can be until they sold you the PC, got your money, and seem not to want to know much about you after the sale!!!
If Dave threatens you if you don't buy, I'll have Marco visit him with the heavies:guns: Go on, be adventuress :)

MCRU
10-07-2012, 19:07

Russell,
As a matter of interest what connects your SB to your NAS if you use one?

Russell Turner
11-07-2012, 06:24
Hi Dave,

I don't use a NAS device for the touch, I have a directly connected self powered 1TB USB drive connected for all my high resolution / most listened to tracks.
This has about 7000 or so FLAC files on it, I manage (just about)to get away using the onboard Tiny SB server on the device, its not ideal but there is no way her indoors is going to let me have a NAS in the conservatory.

I do also use a secondary source which is my computer, which has significantly more tracks on it and this is connected via WiFi with a single strength of about 75%, this uses the standard Logitech media server running on OS X.

Russ

brian2957
11-07-2012, 06:54
This argument just doesn't stop does it lol :lol:

Maybe it will work, maybe it won't; there's no science to justify either outcome (and if there is it's incomplete).

All I know is that if it does somehow imrpove my experience I don't give a rat's arse, I'm happy, so I'll have a go ;)

+1

sq225917
11-07-2012, 07:40
Shouldn't there be a 'tech' section where the 'technology enlightened' can berate the subjective masses. Rather than the current situation where simple 'trade' threads like this get polluted and diluted?

David is offering a new product for appraisal with a money back guarantee it seems a little churlish to spoil the thread with a discussion of the science, especially when that science is currently under investigated.

Best of luck with the cable.

Marco
11-07-2012, 07:58
If David wants this thread 'tidied up', as per the rules, he just has to shout!

In the meantime, some people should read this and acknowledge the contents therein: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13935

Marco.

Clive
11-07-2012, 07:59
From my experience there's no question that USB cables do have an impact on how music sounds. As someone with an IT background this annoys me but when I think back to the early days of Ethernet and the problems we had with in-cable reflections effectively reducing bandwidth when curves were too tight. It really isn't as simple as saying "my pdf files print fine with any USB cable". There's a semi-realtime aspect to data transmission. I have what is an impractical solution for most, an incredibly short USB cable. So, I say try cables out, see if they work for you. The offer here seems like a good one!

realysm42
11-07-2012, 08:19
Well I've just had mine delivered at work and might have to pop home at lunch for a little demo :eyebrows:

It's a chunky little bugger init?!

Cheers David.