PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check - Modified Beresford Caiman

Canetoad
01-06-2012, 13:03
With the imminent release of the new Bushmaster DAC I need to raise some funds to purchase one. I have two Caimans, both with upgraded Gator boards, so wanted to see what interest there would be in my fully modified version.

Modifications:

Elna Silmic II caps installed on main boards.
Standard voltage regulators replaced with Dexa discretes.
Large 16volt capacitor replaced with two Panasonic 100v poly caps.
Gator board with full Silmic cap upgrade.
AD826 opamp for headphone circuit.

This DAC has been running in my main system with cap/regulator mods for over a year. Gator mods are more recent. I power it with a linear PSU supplying just under 16 volts to ensure the Dexa regs get at least 15 volts. It also runs on the standard Caiman PSU it was shipped with, but obviously sounds better with the linear supply. Modifications have given it a smoother presentation while still providing the detail of the standard Caiman.

I would consider offers round £180 plus postage. I have all the original packaging so it would be well packed for the post.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7302/dscf0208uw.jpg

StanleyB
01-06-2012, 13:13
Woof, woof.... that is one hot rodded babe :stalks:. A far lesser specced Gatorized Caiman went for almost the price of a new one last week. They are becoming a collector's item. I have had people asking me for any stock of even used ones. So I reckon that an eBay sale with lovely pics might bag you a good price.

Canetoad
01-06-2012, 14:18
Hi Stan,

I know that but fees and the rest taken into consideration I'd rather it went to a good home here.

It is a lovely piece of kit, as you well know. I hope the Bushmaster equals or betters it! ;)

It's currently playing through the Celestion Ditton 15 speakers I picked up last weekend and sounds lovely!

howardc1951
01-06-2012, 21:24
Woof, woof.... that is one hot rodded babe :stalks:. A far lesser specced Gatorized Caiman went for almost the price of a new one last week. They are becoming a collector's item. I have had people asking me for any stock of even used ones. So I reckon that an eBay sale with lovely pics might bag you a good price.

and there were over 60 people watching too

Canetoad
02-06-2012, 13:05
Provisionally sold. :)