PDA

View Full Version : Stan Curtis Blackbox

Mr Kipling
30-05-2012, 21:23
Hi,

Well, not long now (next month) before Stan Curtis unveils his invention to the audio world. He's come up with a device that can counter the magnetic fields generated within a piece of electronics. The principle of its operation is that that the numerous small fields are swamped by a larger one, which turns out to have a linearising effect. It's all come about from his work with state-of-the-art sensor technology which is his main area of work now with audio just being a hobby for him now. The technology is so advanced now it allows observation at a molecular level. Being able to see what was actually happening- and its a complex and chaotic picture - led him to devise a strategy to counter it. Those who have heard it operating have noted how the noise floor is lowered, along with the benefits that that brings, and how everything generally sounds louder. Some companies like Roksan have signed up to incorporate it into their products and it will also be available as an accessory unit.

Kind Regards,
Stephen

Reid Malenfant
30-05-2012, 21:30
Ummm, no Bybee Quantum Purifiers?

Apologies, I have a bit of an allergy to real bulls**t :eyebrows:

Put it like this, unless someone is willing to explain how something works (don't forget they can patent this wonderous thing to prevent it being copied) then I tend to get a little sceptical :scratch:

Back to the subject in hand...

realysm42
30-05-2012, 21:32
Do you know him or something?

Mr Kipling
30-05-2012, 21:47
Patents have been taken out. He's not really the sort of person peddles donkey-do. He's been designing audio for the past 45 years and everything he's put his name to has been based on sound engineering principles.

Kind Regards,
Stephen

sq225917
30-05-2012, 21:57
So a device that counters the magnetic fields caused by current in electronic devices, so basically a bigger magnet or something with very high magnetic permeability.

Great I look forward to measurements of noise floors and signal to noise ratios that show beyond a shadow of the doubt that the effect is real and repeatable- then I'll be happy to see tests to show it is also audible- then I'll be first in the queue to buy one.

Without that it's just a retirement plan, chasing in on his name and the gullibility of the market.

Chops
30-05-2012, 22:12
Interesting bio http://www.stancurtis.com/index.htm

Thought I'd heard the name before.

Chris

Mr Kipling
30-05-2012, 22:22
Well naturally he's had his detractors of course, with human nature being what it is. I wouldn't have taken Roksan's MD as being gullible.

maxrob200
31-05-2012, 00:25
I believe he designed the original Cambridge "CD-1" player which actually displayed the number of errors on the disk climbing each time it was played. was actually quite a good sounding unit too as I recall

Martinh
31-05-2012, 04:51
Interesting bio http://www.stancurtis.com/index.htm

Thought I'd heard the name before.

Chris

Wow, what a CV. I'm sure he's got his pension sorted already.

Although anyone who calls themselves a guru is asking for trouble...:)

Cheers

Mr Kipling
31-05-2012, 07:23
Do you know him or something?

No. I don't know him. I've read interviews with him over the years amd articles by him and exchanged the odd email. First and foremost he is a DESIGN ENGINEER - with a creative mind. He's highly respected as such and has a pedigree as long as your arm including designing the Cambridge CD1 which at the time was the most advanced player there was, designing the first digital tuner, helping form Mission, designing their classic power amps, helping rescue Wharèdale and Quad from near financial disaster - and more! Perhaps to more than most the term 'Guru' applies.

sq225917
31-05-2012, 08:16
Don't get my wrong I'm not saying he doesn't have a great history including designing some ground breaking products and having a real knack with running business's. I'm just doubting the claims 'you' make for this product until they are proven.

realysm42
31-05-2012, 09:16
No. I don't know him. I've read interviews with him over the years amd articles by him and exchanged the odd email. First and foremost he is a DESIGN ENGINEER - with a creative mind. He's highly respected as such and has a pedigree as long as your arm including designing the Cambridge CD1 which at the time was the most advanced player there was, designing the first digital tuner, helping form Mission, designing their classic power amps, helping rescue Wharèdale and Quad from near financial disaster - and more! Perhaps to more than most the term 'Guru' applies.

I only asked because your initial post sounded like you were bigging the product up. I did look Google his name and had a look at his career highlights, they're impressive.

Mr Kipling
31-05-2012, 11:27
What was in my fist post was mainly his explaination by way of a rebutal to some of the negative comments he has received elsewhere accused of peddling psuedoscience, hardly a fair comment.