PDA

View Full Version : A Punk Super-Group?

PaulStewart
25-05-2012, 22:03
Last night I went to the launch party for a new album by a band called the Bermondsey Joyriders. They are 3 guys with great Punk Rock antecedents and have been working with some people with a great pedigree. They have also been working to make it a great audio album. I have the vinyl on the turntable now and it's really great. There is a review with a link to the video for one of there tracks on musicosis.co.uk. I'd be interested to hear what people think.

Cheers

Paul S

Roy S
25-05-2012, 22:10
Sorry, like original punk and all that but these sound like Chas and Dave on acid

Reid Malenfant
25-05-2012, 22:12
Just leaving a marker so I check this out tomorrow, after I log in..

Reid Malenfant
26-05-2012, 16:53
Well it certainly isn't like The Exploited, or The Sex Pistols, or Stiff Little Fingers :scratch:

Or any other punk group I can think of from back in the day :eyebrows:

I wasn't very keen in all honesty, it actually made me laugh :D

Macca
26-05-2012, 17:06
It was okay but I don't think I'd want to sit through a whole album, or a gig come to that.

Marco
26-05-2012, 18:11
Music is such a personal thing, eh? :)

Paul, changing the subject briefly, what turntable is it you've got? It's not too clear from the list on your signature...

Marco.

PaulStewart
27-05-2012, 15:05
Well I have to say, the opening bars of "Society is rapidly changing" took me right back to '77. Punk versions of Chas and Dave they are not. These guys were around back in the day, also the drumming on the album is Rat Scabies as it was before Musto joined the line up.... that's pretty authentic.

Marco, As I said elsewhere, I liked the Art Audio Composer - 1 so much that having done the review, when it came time to send it back, I decided to buy it. So the turntable compliment here at Musicosis towers is currently:-

Art Audio Composer-1 on the main system. Currently with the Rega RB 1000 but I may put the SME IV on it or something new (I'm looking at a couple of nice unipivots)
Technics 1210 Mk2 about to be serviced and installed on the edit suite system
Dual 505-2 on the home cinema system. This is used for grading vinyl after cleaning on the RCM, either to sell or go into my collection.
Lenco GL78 chassis as a restoration project
Two ex-BBC Garrard 401 chassis' serviced by Loricraft, currently in my son's disco console till I'm ready to do something with them
And last but not least, A Garrard 4HF in an old "Blue Spot" radiogram... The only way to listen to Ska. I hope to get it up and running this summer.

Andy, my contributing editor on Musicosis uses a Gyro with a rega 300 and I think a BPS for his vinyl reviews

Cheers

Marco
27-05-2012, 16:39
Thanks for that, Paul. Have you posted any pictures of your system here? If not, please do so (in The Gallery), as I'd love to see some of your kit, and indeed I've never seen (or even heard of) an Art Audio Composer -1 :)

Marco.

PaulStewart
27-05-2012, 19:25
Hey Marco,

I did post a link to the Composer 1 review at the time but http://musicosis.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/i-have-had-visitor-staying-for-while-in.html will get you there:eyebrows:

The Grand Wazoo
27-05-2012, 19:29
Hmmmm....yes, I expect it will.