PDA

View Full Version : What's your new Fuzzy purchases?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rare Bird
25-05-2012, 08:09
I'm sure there be a topic of this sort already running but can't find it..

As the titles asks

(No backing out of Vinyl for me now, full steam ahead)

All brand new:

The Gods 'Genesis' (Tapestry Records - TPT269)
Czar 'Czar' 2LP (Sunbeam Records - SBR2LP5040)
Andwella's Dream 'Love And Poetry' 2LP (Sunbeam Records - SBR2LP5063)
The Open Mind 'The Open Mind' (Sunbeam Records - SBRLP5019)
Blossom Toes 'We Are Ever So Clean' 2LP (Sunbeam Records - SBR2LP5035)
Second Hand 'Reality' (Sunbeam Records - SBRLP5031)
Arcadium 'Breathe Awhile' + 3 Trk 7'' (Acme Records - ADLP1077)
Julian's Treatment 'A Time Before This' 2LP (Guerssen Records - GUESS075)

:cool:

DSJR
25-05-2012, 08:14
Is there no hope at all? Obviously not :lol:

Enjoy your purchases. I thought I bout the Blossom Toes LP in a job lot from a mate of mine who flogged off all his records. Can't recall if I still have it, as the now Rega Sales Manager bought a load from me some years ago that I doubt I'd ever play again...

Marco
25-05-2012, 09:17
Jeez, I'll have to get the pen and paper out - it's a long list! I tend to buy most of my new music these days on vinyl, and am enjoying some of the current high-quality reissues of classics! :)

Marco.

MartinT
25-05-2012, 09:35
The most recent LPs (last few days):

Norah Jones - Broken Little Hearts
Bill Callaghan - Apocalypse
Gentle Giant - In a Glass House
Bonnie Raitt - Slipstream
T-Bone Burnett - Proof Through the Night
Van Der Graaf Generator - H to He Who Am the Only One

Rare Bird
25-05-2012, 10:54
Martin:
Ive see Van Der Graaf Gens 'The Least We Can Do', H To He' & 'Pawn Hearts' vinyl re issues each in 2LP sets!

MartinT
25-05-2012, 11:00
Ive see Van Der Graaf Gens 'The Least We Can Do', H To He' & 'Pawn Hearts' vinyl re issues each in 2LP sets!

Ah ok, mine's a single LP :)

Roy S
25-05-2012, 11:29
Last purchase (second hand but pristine condition) -

Curved Air - Curved Air's Second Album
Argent - All together now
Redbone - Witch Queen of New Orleans
Blondie - Parrallel Lines
Marvin Gaye - Greatest Hits
Colin Blunstone - Ennismore

Beechwoods
25-05-2012, 17:47
This and this...

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/beechwoods/R-380749-1199196038.jpg

Ozric Tentacle - Erpland. Original release on Dovetail records.

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/beechwoods/DSC08415.jpg

My Bloody Valentine - Ecstacy And Wine. Original release on Lazy records. Very impressed to find a mint copy of this. Had it on CD. Quite rare on either format.

Not my picture!

Spectral Morn
26-05-2012, 09:06
I have asked before but..... this term Fuzzy.... what does it mean?

Thank you in advance.

Audioman
26-05-2012, 09:17
I have asked before but..... this term Fuzzy.... what does it mean?

Thank you in advance.

Unclear, indistinct, not clearly thought out.

'Fuzzy logic' in maths and computing deals with data that is impricise or has uncertain boundaries.

Hence fuzzy purchases are not preplanned, impulsive, unpredictable aquisitions.

Of course this lot may think it is something else :)

Spectral Morn
26-05-2012, 09:22
Unclear, indistinct, not clearly thought out.

'Fuzzy logic' in maths and computing deals with data that is impricise or has uncertain boundaries.

Of course this lot may think it is something else :)

Yep those are the definitions I saw too but I wondered if this was some particular term relating to vinyl, record label or some such.

Andre uses it all the time and a few others do also, so I am interested to know what they think/why they use it.

Beechwoods
26-05-2012, 09:36
I assumed it had grown from a term to describe early garage/psych releases that might be described as 'fuzzy', to encompass any vinyl of a psych/prog/kraut bent...

Spectral Morn
26-05-2012, 09:37
I assumed it had grown from a term to describe early garage/psych releases that might be described as 'fuzzy', to encompass any vinyl of a psych/prog/kraut bent...

Ahhhhh, I thought with it being used by Andre that is what it might allude to.

The Grand Wazoo
26-05-2012, 13:17

Somehow, I don't think Andre applies this definition to anything he does!

Barry
26-05-2012, 15:58
To put you all out of your misery "fuzzies", or rather "fuzzy warbles", is an expression used by Alex in the Stanley Kubric film "A Clockwork Orange":

It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

[While listening to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony]
Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Appy-polly-loggies. I had something of a pain in my gulliver so I had to sleep. I was not awakened when I gave orders for awakening.

Bit cold and pointless, isn't it, my lovely? What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper. Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.

Released in 1971 this film sits well within André's time-frame for things worthwhile.

Spectral Morn
26-05-2012, 16:48
To put you all out of your misery "fuzzies", or rather "fuzzy warbles", is an expression used by Alex in the Stanley Kubric film "A Clockwork Orange":

It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

[While listening to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony]
Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Appy-polly-loggies. I had something of a pain in my gulliver so I had to sleep. I was not awakened when I gave orders for awakening.

Bit cold and pointless, isn't it, my lovely? What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper. Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.

Released in 1971 this film sits well within André's time-frame for things worthwhile.

Thank you Barry.... well now I know.

Marco
26-05-2012, 18:33
It's also one of Andre's fav films!

Marco.

Barry
26-05-2012, 19:49
It's also one of Andre's fav films!

Marco.

Of course - that's how I knew where to look. :)

Marco
26-05-2012, 19:54
I've heard him talking about fuzzy warbles before, so I knew exactly what it was referring to, but I couldn't be arsed explaining it - too full of vino! :eyebrows:

So well done...

Marco.

Barry
26-05-2012, 19:56
I've heard him talking about fuzzy warbles before, so I knew exactly what it was referring to, but I couldn't be arsed explaining it - too full of vino! :eyebrows:

So well done...

Marco.

You're ahead of me there!

Enjoy :cool:

Beechwoods
27-05-2012, 08:38
Now I also know where Andy Partridge (XTC) got his outtakes compilation series name from too :)

Audioman
27-05-2012, 09:44
Yes I too thought of the Fuzzy Warbles / Andy Partridge thing but the term and it's use in 'Clockwork Orange' must originate from or be related to it's use in 'Fuzzy Logic'. The music is 'Fuzzy' as in having unclear boundaries and unpredictability. Just mistakenly thought it was refering to the patern of buying here rather than the actual genre. So presume the Psych connection to XTC is the Dukes Of Stratosphere output. Or am I reading too much into it and Fuzzy Warbles is just the physical disc ? Alex did talk a lot of bollocks in that film anyway.

Rare Bird
27-05-2012, 11:22
:lolsign: you lot..

Another fuzzy i won last night:
New Old Stock, 2LP .. still sealed..Spring 'Spring' (Akarma Records)

Truly awesome Leicester band, Mellotrons a go-go :eyebrows:

I'm guessing at £600-700.00 for a mint original 1st issue on RCA:Neon Records :rolleyes:

Rare Bird
29-05-2012, 13:13
This morning:
King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King, the present 200grm vinyl got it in a sale £16.99 free post :thumbsup:

Pete The Cat
31-05-2012, 19:31
This week - Psychedelic Furs, Jesus & Mary Chain and The Damned. Seem to have got stuck in the early 80s :eek:

Pete

michaelhigh
01-06-2012, 12:31
180 gram vinyl "I Am The Cosmos" - Chris Bell, 180 gram vinyl "of the people/by the people/for the people from" - The Common People, 180 gram vinyl "Sanctuary II" - The Byrds. Brilliant, all.

Macca
01-06-2012, 12:47
This morning:
King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King, the present 200grm vinyl got it in a sale £16.99 free post :thumbsup:

Bit cheaper than the £60 Vinyl Exchange in Manchester were asking just the other week...Not sure if they were having a Turkish or a Giraffe tbh, possibly both.

On the plus side I have secured a copy of Sade's first album, mint inner, mint outer and obviously unplayed for the princley sum of £1...By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings :eek:

Rare Bird
01-06-2012, 13:43
Hi Martin
I'm very very impressed with this re-issue, the best one ive seen to date, very good quality, i especially like they way they made the label look a bit like a 1st issue Pink Island jobbie.. The drumming near the end of 'In The Court'' sounds miles better to me than the Japanese HQCD edition i have..

Marco
08-06-2012, 17:25
Just been to Probe Records, in Liverpool, and got the following on brand new vinyl:

Drums Between The Bells - Brian Eno/Rick Holland.

The Singles Collection - The Creation.

Ekstasis - Julia Holter.

Off to spin them, after I've finished watching the Euro Championships! :cool:

Marco.

northwest
08-06-2012, 18:25
This morning:

I picked a copy of this up in the Vinyl Exchange in Manchester - sixty bloody beer tokens:stalks: I put it right back. Yes, it WAS the re-issue. Since then seen various issues priced between 22 and <silly amount> so I have the digital version. I don't like it that much but it does bring back memories of a particularly lissom young lady:rolleyes:

northwest
08-06-2012, 18:27
Bit cheaper than the £60 Vinyl Exchange in Manchester were asking just the other week...Not sure if they were having a Turkish or a Giraffe tbh, possibly both.

On the plus side I have secured a copy of Sade's first album, mint inner, mint outer and obviously unplayed for the princley sum of £1...By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings :eek:

Sorry Martin, didn't see your post there before I wrote my "piece" on that little experience!

Barry
08-06-2012, 20:13
As my post (no. 3981) on 'Spinning Today ....':

The result of a recent visit to a local record fare, so all on vinyl:

Nico – ‘Chelsea Girl’
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wF9VaySPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nico – 'Schwanen Gesang, Lieder vom Einsamen Mädchen 1968 – 1985'
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-4KMGUPrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
(cover is similar to the above, but with different tracks)

Side 1 is mostly live versions from concerts in Tokyo and Warsaw. Side 2 has some unofficial versions of tracks that appeared on ‘The Marble Index’ and ‘Desert Shore’. Plus possibly the creepiest version of the German national anthem I have ever heard.

Laura Nyro – 'Season of Lights…Laura Nyro in Concert'
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Q%2Be-DMPUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Good recording of Nyro in concert performing her most popular compositions.

Peter Gabriel – ‘Peter Gabriel’
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517Y0QZGYDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bought for the track ‘Solsbury Hill’. Some of the other tracks are a bit weird.

Jennifer Warnes –‘Famous Blue Raincoat’
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Tg15QMqQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Warnes sings Cohen, and damned good it is too.

Joni Mitchell – ‘Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter’
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51W962ZKA2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Joni ‘flirting’ with jazz. Not sure if I like it –too much ‘flanged’ guitar. Double LP.

The Allman Brothers – ‘Brothers and Sisters’
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Zw%2BtZsnPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Good old 'Californian commune' fodder.

Spirit – ‘Spirit of ‘76’
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/610apqRR48L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Live double LP

Love – ‘Da Capo’
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61rFKzznjNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not as famous as ‘Forever Changes’ but pretty good nonetheless. Excellent drum solo on Side 2 : ‘Revelation’.

Rare Bird
29-06-2012, 21:37
This weeks New Vinyl purchases:

Fire 'The Magic Shoemaker' (Tapestry TPT-262)
Julian Jay Savarin 'Waiters On The Dance' (Guerssen GUESS-076)
Salammander 'The Ten Commandments' (Guerssen GUESS-083)
Samurai 's/t' (Guerssen GUESS-071)
Still Life 's/t' (Akarma AK-237)
Tonton Macoute 's/t' (Akarma AK-149)
Dear Mr.Time 'Grandfather' (Mayfair MFM-011)
The Zombies 'Odessey and Oracle' (Big Beat WIKD-181)
Bramstoker 'Heavy Rock Spectacular'(Black Widow BWR-042)

northwest
29-06-2012, 21:46
Just arrived today is a copy of David Gilmour - Fame and it was an impulse purchase. Terrific album, well pleased.

The Grand Wazoo
30-06-2012, 00:25
Hi Andre,
Where've you been?
I might have a spin of 'Odessey and Oracle' myself tomorrow. Probably the worst spelling in music...........apart from Slade's finest!

sparrow
30-06-2012, 12:37
Just bought a pile of Frank Zappa LP's..cost £100..

Marco
30-06-2012, 12:46
Nice... Which ones, John? :)

Marco.

sparrow
30-06-2012, 16:21
Too lazy to go and look..Hot Rats was one..

OK hold on.

Hot Rats
You Are What You Is.
Ship Arriving too Late To Save A Drowning Witch.
In New York.
One Size Fits All.
Overnight Sensation.
Weasels Ripped my Flesh.

all in NM condition. I had to leave another 20 odd titles due to Financial embarassment..

Marco
30-06-2012, 19:29
Quality, matey - you got those at a bloody good price! :eek:

Marco.

Barry
30-06-2012, 19:48
Quality, matey - you got those at a bloody good price! :eek:

Marco.

I'm not sure if 7 LPs for £100 is a "bloody good price".

£14 - £15 is about the most I would be prepared to pay for a used LP in near mint condition. £8 - £10 is a 'bloody good price'.

I have paid more but the records have been scarce (i.e. long out of print).

Marco
30-06-2012, 20:03
Hi Barry,

In my experience, Zappa stuff is usually around that price (or sometimes a lot more) in the second-hand record shops I use :)

Marco.

Barry
30-06-2012, 20:21
Hi Barry,

In my experience, Zappa stuff is usually around that price (or sometimes a lot more) in the second-hand record shops I use :)

Marco.

Fair enough Marco - 'value' is what you are prepared to pay.

Do you have any comments to make on my 'cork problem' (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?p=341321#post341321) (post 726)?

Regards

Marco
30-06-2012, 20:34
Fair enough Marco - 'value' is what you are prepared to pay.

Yup, and/or what the market dictates... Zappa albums on vinyl have an intrinsic market value, which is reflected in the price charged for it in record shops.

Do you have any comments to make on my 'cork problem' (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?p=341321#post341321) (post 726)?

I hadn't noticed it before, but have now. I'll comment later, after I've watched the tennis :)

Marco.

sparrow
30-06-2012, 21:16
The Zappa LP's were around £90 the dearest was Hot Rats at £20...the rest were £10 appart for two that were £15...Europa rarely gets such good stock as this in these days..the reason is simply Ewen the owner pays peanuts for stuff brought in..I have around 60 odd cd's to sell he offered £20..would be as well giving em to charity at that price..

Rare Bird
30-06-2012, 22:01
Wonders never cease:
Popped in HMV today in Sheffield.. found Cream 'Wheels Of Fire' (Studio) for a good £14.00 on White Vinyl (Vinyl Lovers 990199)..

Barry
01-07-2012, 02:41
Wonders never cease:
Popped in HMV today in Sheffield.. found Cream 'Wheels Of Fire' (Studio) for a good £14.00 on White Vinyl (Vinyl Lovers 990199)..

Whargggh! :eek:

Vinyl has to be black. Avoid any vinyl that is not black! :doh:

However, the studio part of Wheels of Fire is rather good - much better than the poorly recorded live part.

"Pressed Rat and Warthog have closed down their shop,
They didn't want to - 'twas all they had got.
Selling atonal apples, amplified heat,
And Pressed Rat's collection of dog legs and feet." :)

Rare Bird
01-07-2012, 11:59
Well i didnt know it was coloured till i got home & broke the seal, however it's this or buying a second hand edition of which ive no intensions in doing if i can help it.

MartinT
01-07-2012, 20:53
I bought Norah Jones' Little Broken Hearts on double LP and discovered both discs were white. It doesn't seem to suffer any for being white and sounds superb.

Spectral Morn
01-07-2012, 21:32
The Zappa LP's were around £90 the dearest was Hot Rats at £20...the rest were £10 appart for two that were £15...Europa rarely gets such good stock as this in these days..the reason is simply Ewen the owner pays peanuts for stuff brought in..I have around 60 odd cd's to sell he offered £20..would be as well giving em to charity at that price..

Very few CDs have any value but I agree that is a tad low.

Sadly I don't think I will be in Scotland this year. I usually buy quite a few records from Ewen.

Spectral Morn
01-07-2012, 21:42
Been buying large clumps of a classical record collection recently, Elgar, Copland, Barber, Stravinsky, Britten, Vivaldi, Vaughan Williams, Sibelius, Saint-Saëns, Erik Satie etc.

All mint, both covers and lps. There are thousands. There is about three meters of Beethoven, Two of Mozart, One of Bach etc I want to buy more but once I am through I will probably catalogue them and put them up for sale on AOS.

I was playing Elgar earlier, beautiful.

sparrow
02-07-2012, 11:22
went back to Europa...almost cleaned him out of Zappa LP's..will list later on..

Wakefield Turntables
02-07-2012, 13:09
Wonders never cease:

I've got this as well. i see that you went to Sheffield in HMV for it. Well Barnsley is stocking vinyl again. Altough it probably wouldn't be worth a visit.

realysm42
02-07-2012, 16:26
2 x pairs of Nike Air Max ones (I'm sure I've got a sickness with buying trainers, I've got 13 pairs now)

Paul Smith shirt and cuff links

Mains distribution block (cheapo one)

Tape measure

ASC - Out of Sync

Beach House - Bloom

One Little Plane - Into the trees

(all 3 albums above are good, I recommend them)

Rare Bird
03-07-2012, 10:51
Today:
Food 'Forever Is A Dream' (180grm..Capitol – ST-304)

Rare Bird
04-07-2012, 23:22
Tonight i ordered more new Vinyl :eyebrows:

Waterloo 'First Battle' (Guerssen GUESS-061)
Pussy 'Plays' (Morgan Blue Town BT-5002)

The Grand Wazoo
08-07-2012, 20:53
went back to Europa...almost cleaned him out of Zappa LP's..will list later on..

Please do!
I don't suppose the copy of 'In New York' has the track called 'Punky's Whips' on it? If it does, then you probably got your £100 worth right there!

sparrow
09-07-2012, 13:19
Please do!
I don't suppose the copy of 'In New York' has the track called 'Punky's Whips' on it? If it does, then you probably got your £100 worth right there!

Just had a peep and sadly it doesn't..:(

DanJennings
11-07-2012, 18:09
Please do!

My old man used to have a copy of that with the aforementioned track.... should've pinched it ;)

northwest
11-07-2012, 19:53
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick - 1st pressing - a FIVER - Oh Yes!
Marianne Faithfull - World - signed by the lady herself - paid slightly more than a fiver ;)

Rare Bird
29-07-2012, 20:47
Been spending pennies again :rolleyes: All on brand new Vinyl..

Aphrodites Child 'End Of The World'
Aphrodites Child 'It's 5 O'Clock'
Aphrodites Child '666'
Iron Butterfly 'In A Gadda Da Vita'
Icarus 'The Mar*el World Of'
McCulley Workshop 'Genesis'
The Aggregation 'Mind Odyssey'
Ache 'De Homine Urbano'
Ache 'Green Man'
Goliath
Nite People 'P.M'

Marco
29-07-2012, 20:56
Iron Butterfly 'In A Gadda Da Vita'

Awesome! Is it the re-ishoo, dude? Must give that a spin again, as I haven't played it for a while :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
29-07-2012, 21:08
Yes it Re-Ish i only buy new albums.. I really which they'd Re-Ish their 'Ball' album.

sparrow
29-07-2012, 21:45
Joes Garage acts 1, 2 & 3 by Zappa..

Rare Bird
31-07-2012, 22:37
Bit of look tonight, copped a still sealed issue of 'Symphonic Metamorphosis' LP :)

The Grand Wazoo
31-07-2012, 23:03
That'll be a reissue I expect......unless 'look' is South Yorks for jammier than a traffic jam in a strawberry conserve factory.

Rare Bird
01-08-2012, 10:32
No re-issue its a still sealed NOS on London Recs

The Grand Wazoo
01-08-2012, 17:17
Ahhh, OK, so 'look' IS South Yorks for jammier than a traffic jam in a strawberry conserve factory then.

Rare Bird
01-08-2012, 22:38
it's coming from California, lets hope it gets here in one piece :)

The Grand Wazoo
01-08-2012, 22:46
Excellent!

Rare Bird
05-08-2012, 20:37
Well i said i wouldnt but 2nd hand LP's but wile on holiday i purchased the below from charity shop minto condition...How could i leave them.. all less than a tenner..1st ssues

Yes - The Yes Album (Atlantic Plum)
Yes - Fragile (Atlantic Plum)
Focus - At The Rainbow (1st Isshew Poly)

MartinT
05-08-2012, 21:46
Yes - Fragile (Atlantic Plum)

Nice, Andr'e. Early plates? This album can vary in sound quality from sublime to awful. At its best, it sounds stunning and really shows off their individual abilities.

sparrow
06-08-2012, 11:26
Rush ''Clockwork Angels''...pre ordered on e bay 2 months ago and arrived this morning...sounds excellent for the most part but a wee bit rough in places.

Bazil
13-08-2012, 17:39
As well documented in the Album Club this on 180g vinyl:-

http://www.pbase.com/mankin_images/image/124000297/original.jpg

Marco
20-08-2012, 17:54
Second Hand (all minty condition):

Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding.

Bob Dylan - Shot of Love.

Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline.

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Smash Hits (original on Track Records).

Peggy Lee (sings with Benny Goodman) - Peggy Lee.

Duke Ellington (Greatest Hits) - Duke Ellington.

Anita Baker - Rapture.

Brand New:

Tom Waits - The Heart of Saturday Night.

Dan Mangan - Oh Fortune.

Bon Ivor - Blood Bank.

Marco.

snapper
20-08-2012, 18:54
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock (New, Back To Black re-issue)

Jethro Tull - Minstrel In The Gallery (Original)

Starcastle - Fountains Of Light

Pink Floyd - Works

It Bites - Eat Me In St.Louis

Alcatraz - Disturbing The Peace

Black Sabbath - Sabotage

Judie Tzuke - Welcome To The Cruise

Status Quo - Piledriver (Original Vertigo)

David Bowie - Scary Monsters

Thin Lizzy - Black Rose

Pat Travers - Putting It Straight

Graham Parker - The Up Escalator

Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks

Queen - Innuendo

Jean-Luc Ponty - Plays The Music Of Frank Zappa

Robin Trower - Caravan To Midnight

Robin Trower - Back It Up

Robin Trower - In City Dreams

Rare Bird
20-08-2012, 19:23
Pink Floyd - Works

For ''Embryo'' of course :eyebrows:

snapper
20-08-2012, 21:24
For ''Embryo'' of course :eyebrows:

Of course, the only way to get it on vinyl, as far as I know.

(Apart from bootlegs)

Beechwoods
20-08-2012, 21:27
There are plenty of copies of it on 'Picnic' floating around, despite it having been deleted as soon as the Floyd found out about it.

'Works' is the only place you'll find it on CD, other than bootlegs... unless I'm forgetting something :scratch:

Rare Bird
20-08-2012, 21:39
There are plenty of copies of it on 'Picnic' floating around, despite it having been deleted as soon as the Floyd found out about it.

'Works' is the only place you'll find it on CD, other than bootlegs... unless I'm forgetting something :scratch:

Actually Nick Picnic is on CD in the form of 'A Breath Of Fresh Air: A Harvest Records Anthology 1969-1974'..

Beechwoods
20-08-2012, 22:09
:lol: I knew I'd be proved wrong by some new fangled release that I'd missed!

That said, Picnic ain't Picnic without the gatefold. The cover is possibly the best part of the package.

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/beechwoods/Harvest-Label-Picnic---Sample-S-307316.jpg http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/beechwoods/496_picnic_lp_uk_front.jpg

Marco
23-08-2012, 18:25
Essential Chess Blues, featuring: Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy, Otis Rush, Sonny Boy Williamson, Elmore James, etc...

Nils Lofgren - Old School (new album).

Marco.

MartinT
24-08-2012, 06:31
Muddy Waters - Folk Singer 180g

Ben Harper - Welcome to the Cruel World

Rare Bird
24-08-2012, 07:47
Pookah - s/t on 1st isshew Vinyl arrived from the USA in one piece. cost me less than £7..

:thumbsup:

Macca
10-10-2012, 14:57
Trip to London yesterday with Graham Northwest - went round a *lot* of record shops and finished up with some quality Italian nosh - hectic but a good day _ here's what I got:

Isaac Hayes - 'Black Moses' and 'Hot Buttered Soul' - been looking ages for these on vinyl - bit pricy but what the hell
Aztec Camera - 'Love' again been after it for a while, minty and only a fiver.
Ten years After - The Collection
UB40 - first album - think that was 50p
Lisa Stansfield - Lisa

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac233/Macca_photos_2009/albums001.jpg

Hmm -picture hosting not working?

Marco
12-10-2012, 18:54
The first track you should play there, Martin, is the 12" single of 'Madam Medusa', from UB40's 'Signing Off' album, as it's an utter riot, played loud, on a good system! :gig:

Marco.

Macca
12-10-2012, 19:42
The first track you should play there, Martin, is the 12" single of 'Madam Medusa', from UB40's 'Signing Off' album, as it's an utter riot, played loud, on a good system! :gig:

Marco.

Well I'm shy of a good system at the moment but will take your advice Marco :) No point playing anything if you aren't going to give it a bit of welly ;) Anyways - Gotta give them all a going over on the RCM yet.

Marco
12-10-2012, 19:59
No worries, mate. Let me know what you think when you give it a spin. It's one of my favourite tracks on vinyl, with some seriously wicked bass-lines!

Marco.

Macca
12-10-2012, 20:06
Just stuck it on - no pressing need for a clean - looks like it has never been played. Inner and outer are minty as well as the disc itself - big heavy pressing, too - nice. Cost me a quid. In London:scratch:

Marco
12-10-2012, 20:57
Indeed, and that's exactly what it should be. So what do you think? You'll either like the music or you won't, but the production and recording quality is top-notch! :)

Marco.

Macca
12-10-2012, 21:03
Just finished listening to it - quality album - quite a surprise i am only familiar with their later more radio-friendly material. Some traks are pure Ska! Production is superb - the horns in particular sound fantatstic. All kept simple and cheap, presumably. Funny how that often works out better.

One of those records where you feel you should have sought it out long before now :)

Marco
12-10-2012, 21:08
Glad you liked it. The whole album is excellent, but the stand-out for me is the 'free' 12" single of 'Madam Medusa'. Playing that through the Tannoys at 'silly' levels is truly a ribcage-rumbling, intestine-rearranging experience!! :eek:

Marco.

MartinT
12-10-2012, 21:33
That the one you played on my system, Marco? Which I then discovered I have?

Marco
12-10-2012, 21:44
Yup, dat's da one! Give it a spin again, and I guarantee it'll put a smile on your face :)

Marco.

MartinT
12-10-2012, 22:03
I've just run it through the RCM. Too late to do it justice now, I'll wake the neighbours in the morning :eek:

Marco
12-10-2012, 22:43
Lol - play it to Jerry when he walks in the door tomorrow! :eyebrows:

Marco.

MartinT
12-10-2012, 23:24
I think it's a teensie weensie bit outside his normal repertoire :rolleyes:

Rare Bird
12-10-2012, 23:37
Forgot about this but the last new fuzzy i bought was 'Winkelmayer Brass' LP
No impressed with the cover construction tho!! :steam:

http://winkelmayer.hu/gb.html

Rare Bird
25-10-2012, 10:59
King Crimson 'Lizard' (latest 200grm DGM/Panegyric)

Emerson, Lake & Palmer 's/t', 'Tarkus', 'Pictures At An Exhibition', 'Trilogy' & 'Brain Salad Surgery' (latest 180grm Music On Vinyl)

Roll on November for the Beatles Remasters on Vinyl

Mr Kipling
25-10-2012, 11:26
Andre, that Mayware arm of yours seems to be getting through some turntables.

Rare Bird
25-10-2012, 11:29
:lol: Yeh your right. i'll be happy one day :eyebrows:

Marco
28-10-2012, 17:37
Just back from Brum and bought a couple of new fuzzies:

Angels and Demons at Play - Sun Ra.

Trip Thru Hell - C.A. Quintet (180g reisshoo, on Sundazed).

Off to play them now! :cool:

Marco.

Rare Bird
28-10-2012, 18:49
Nice one Marco with the 'Trip Thu Hell'

Rare Bird
29-10-2012, 05:09
Still gradually replacing all my CDee's with fuzzies

Yesturday bought the below

Genesis 'Nursery Cryme' & 'Foxtrot' (Both on Pink Hatter) Prefer the sound of these to the 1st isshews !
The Moody Blues 'In Search Of The Lost Chord' (early DSS Deram)
It's A Beautiful Day 's/t' (Dutch CBS)

MartinT
29-10-2012, 06:54
Thanks to Chris (Grand Wazoo) I now have a lovely Wishbone Ash - Argus on fuzzy. Thanks!

Bought yesterday:
Santana - The Third Album. Sounds great!
Al Stewart - Russians and Americans
Van Morrison - A Period of Transition

Marco
29-10-2012, 10:00
Nice one Marco with the 'Trip Thu Hell'

Churz, dude. I'd spied it hanging up on the wall, thinking that it might be quite good, but left it. Then later on Chris said that it was excellent and something that you would rate, so I shnaffled it... :eyebrows:

Fooking £35, though, but the dude gave me £5 off, for cash! He then mentioned something about one of the members of the band dying recently?

Marco.

Rare Bird
29-10-2012, 10:08
Aye the keyboard player

Is it on candy floss records? if so yes it's rare about 500 copies only.

The Grand Wazoo
29-10-2012, 10:08
I thought about it.....and then I thought about it again.........but even for 30 quid, lovely package that it is, I thought I'd better stick with my CD of it!
Most importantly though Marco, do you like it?

Rare Bird
29-10-2012, 10:31
Aye i have the sundazed CDee..could do with the fuzzy all the same.

Edit: just noticed it's a reisshew in which case £30 was expensive

Marco
29-10-2012, 10:54
Is it on candy floss records? if so yes it's rare about 500 copies only.

This is a reishoo, dude, not an original, and it's on Sundazed :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
29-10-2012, 10:55
aye 2LP set should be about £25 tops :eyebrows:

Marco
29-10-2012, 10:55
I thought about it.....and then I thought about it again.........but even for 30 quid, lovely package that it is, I thought I'd better stick with my CD of it!
Most importantly though Marco, do you like it?

Lol - indeed. Haven't played it yet, but will be doing so later today, so will let you know :cool:

Marco.

Marco
29-10-2012, 12:36
Just been listening to the album - and I LURVES it! Nice 'floaty', chillax'd sounds, with some manic mayhem thrown in occasionally for good measure. The vinyl version is iimmaculately recorded and a nice quiet pressing, too! :guitar:

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
29-10-2012, 12:47
Excellent!

Rare Bird
29-10-2012, 13:04
I better get my arse in gear with the Sundazed Vinyls before it's too late, there's some good reisshews on there at the mo..

Marco
29-10-2012, 13:18
Well, dude, I can thoroughly recommend the C.A. Quintet! :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
29-10-2012, 13:28
Yeh it's good i have the Sundazed CDee of it..

I can give you a small list of recommended US Psych albums if you want.

Marco
29-10-2012, 13:53
Yup - yerse please! :)

Marco.

Audio Al
10-11-2012, 08:44
One of my 2 new LP's arrived today :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/bigboobs/IMG_2056.jpg

So later on it will be Okki Nokki time then a listen , it was more than 50p though :( :D:D

Tarzan
10-11-2012, 09:00
One of my 2 new LP's arrived today :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/bigboobs/IMG_2056.jpg

So later on it will be Okki Nokki time then a listen , it was more than 50p though :( :D:D

You may bring that round tommorrow Al:eyebrows:

Audio Al
10-11-2012, 12:05
You may bring that round tomorrow Al

OK :D

sparrow
10-11-2012, 18:31
Had a wee count on Fuzzy purchases this year...I've bought around 300 and have only listened to about 30 of them..

MartinT
11-11-2012, 16:49
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Trilogy

http://www.progreviews.com/reviews/images/ELP-Tri.jpg

The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky

http://www.cargo-records.de/cover/00052206.jpg

DSJR
11-11-2012, 22:02
I always thought Trilogy was a great album and really well recorded/produced (but not on Manticore vinyl). When the above APP one came out, I thought it horrible until I later played it and found it was the early 80's Naim/'Brik combo that was spoiling it - it's fine now...

Marco
12-11-2012, 11:02
As someone unaware of the difference (as I haven't done the comparison), what is so bad about the Manticore versions? :)

Marco.

stupinder
17-11-2012, 20:34
Just bought this last weekend and its fab!!!! Well worth the few euros i paid for it. Perfect Sunday morning silliness!! http://www.discogs.com/Tom-Middleton-Crazy-Covers-Vol-1-Cosmosonica/release/502236

Rare Bird
22-11-2012, 12:29
Focus:
'In & Out Of Focus'
'Moving Waves'
'Focus 3'
'Hamburger Concerto'

New crispy 180grm vinyl all on the ''Music On Vinyl'' label..

That's £90.00 lighter :(

& this afternoon managed to locate Music Emporium 's/t' (Sundazed Records LP 5078 )Mint/Mint

Rare Bird
24-11-2012, 15:56
The Beatles 'Sgt Pepper' & 'Magical Mystery Tour' 2012 vinyl editions

Rare Bird
24-11-2012, 17:19
Just landed a brand new vinyl issue of Hannibal 's/t' (Philips 6369 003)

Marco
24-11-2012, 20:50
You sold me that on CD, dude - excellent album! :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
24-11-2012, 22:32
Aye i have another on CD anorl..

Stratmangler
24-11-2012, 22:49
Yes, I know the piccie is for the CD, but it's the new vinyl remaster wot I got.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FDcTdBBFL._SL500_.jpg

chris@panteg
25-11-2012, 17:29
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Qd-GGox9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Marco
25-11-2012, 17:38
Yes, I know the piccie is for the CD, but it's the new vinyl remaster wot I got.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FDcTdBBFL._SL500_.jpg

Get yer camera out then and take a picture of the right one! :ner: ;)

Marco.

Rare Bird
25-11-2012, 21:08
Bought another couple of fuzzies tonight on 180grm

The Keith Tippett Group 'Dedicated To You, But You Wernt Listerning'
Gravy Train ' (A Ballard Of) A Peaceful Man'

Rare Bird
27-11-2012, 15:15
This morning bought 'The Dog That Bit People' fuzzy..

Marco
29-11-2012, 16:37
The Beatles 2012 remasters of Rubber Soul and Revolver - superb! I intend to add a few more of these to my collection :)

Marco.

Marco
02-12-2012, 14:21
Bought the White Album and Sgt. Pepper, both of which are superb. Just need to get 'A Hard Day's Night' and 'Yellow Submarine', as I have all the rest on vinyl, in either their original formats or on 70s re-masters :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
02-12-2012, 15:15
Aye 'White album' is at the top of my list. Just a few more priority LP first..

Mr Kipling
02-12-2012, 15:21
Get some new stuff man!!

Getting this on vinyl from the US.

Rare Bird
02-12-2012, 15:41
Get some new stuff man!!

Over my dead body :lol:

Mr Kipling
02-12-2012, 16:45
I don't know. . . I don't know. . . I really. . . really. . . really. . . really. . . really. . . really, really, really - DON'T KNOW!!!! REALLY!!

Rare Bird
02-12-2012, 16:46
:rfl:

goraman
09-12-2012, 06:10
Get some new stuff man!!

Getting this on vinyl from the US.
Ellie Goulding on the album.

Is she the same crazy girl in your avatar who's wearing a blue dubuta (indian scarf) over a wife beater t shirt?

If so Ellie may have some fashion issues.

stupinder
10-12-2012, 17:44
Went to the local Emmaus (2nd hand place run by ex prisoners) and they had a vinyl sale on so couldn't resist.
Tangerine Dream "Theif"
OMD "Organisation"
Vangelis "heaven and Hell", "China"and "Albedo 0.39"
Motown Remixed - A triple album of remixed Motown classics. Looking forward to this one a great deal but need to get it washed first.
Also picked up a white label of "Unfinished Sympathy".
All for 17€

Mr Kipling
10-12-2012, 21:20
Ellie Goulding on the album.

Is she the same crazy girl in your avatar who's wearing a blue dubuta (indian scarf) over a wife beater t shirt?

If so Ellie may have some fashion issues.

No, Jeff. The lady in the avatar is "one of yours!"
H1YnY-gSrsg

Rare Bird
14-12-2012, 00:20
Tonight ordered the below on nice new crispy 180grm fuzzers

Second Hand 'Death May Be Your Santa Claus' (Sunbeam Records SBRLP5069)
Chillum 's/t' (Sunbeam Records SBRLP5070)

MartinT
14-12-2012, 08:18
Muse - The 2nd Law

http://rkukmedia.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/muse-the-2nd-law.png?w=400&h=355

Mr Kipling
14-12-2012, 21:23
Tonight ordered the below on nice new crispy 180grm fuzzers

Second Hand 'Death May Be Your Santa Claus' (Sunbeam Records SBRLP5069)
Chillum 's/t' (Sunbeam Records SBRLP5070)

Andre man, get yourself Sandra McCracken's (lady in avatar) album of 2010 Feast or Fallow which is a crackin' collection of hymns.

Trust me Andre, you'll love it! Hit the button, (convieniantly above you), for a sample track " Justice Will Roll Down"

Wakefield Turntables
14-12-2012, 21:31
Emerson Lake and Powell (Yes you read correctly)

King Crimson - Beat

Caravan - Better by far

Loadstone - Loadstone

Rare Bird
15-12-2012, 13:21
Andre man, get yourself Sandra McCracken's (lady in avatar) album of 2010 Feast or Fallow which is a crackin' collection of hymns.

Trust me Andre, you'll love it! Hit the button, (convieniantly above you), for a sample track " Justice Will Roll Down"

You must be joking.. :lol:

Rare Bird
15-12-2012, 23:25
Nice crispy Fifty Foot Hose 'Couldron' on black stuuf..

Marco
16-12-2012, 15:35
I've got that on a fuzzy-warbles - awesome album! :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
19-12-2012, 00:14
Nice one buddy..

chris@panteg
19-12-2012, 17:25
My last vinyl LP of 2012 , Rolling Stones big hits high tide and green grass. Brand new vinyl reissue .

cuddles
20-12-2012, 20:21
Well I've gone and bought myself a nice pressie to go along with my fantastic Mike New bearing - ;)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m262/mumblescuddles/losttapes_zps69d79001.png

Read more here -

http://mute.com/can/the-lost-tapes-vinyl-box-set-release-dec-2012

Rare Bird
24-12-2012, 12:22
A nice haul of crispy brand new fuzzies:

Hawkwind 's/t' 2 x 180grm LP (Back On Black Records RCV010LP)
Hawkwind 'In Search Of Space' 2 x 180grm LP (Back On Black Records RCV011LP)
The Doors 'Strange Days' 180grm (Elektra Records EKS-74014 )
The Doors 'Waiting For The Sun' 180grm (Elektra Records EKS-74024)
The Doors 'The Soft Parade' 180grm (Rhino Records 8122-79864-9
The Doors 'L.A Woman' 180grm (Rhino Records 8122-79865-5)
The United States Of America 's/t' (Sundazed Records LP5211)
Love 'Forever Changes' 180grm from original master tapes

MartinT
24-12-2012, 13:29
Nice, Andr'e. How are you finding the Back on Blacks?

Rare Bird
24-12-2012, 13:31
Hi Martin
I think they are ok, not had chance to play the Hawkwinds yet..I just need those Van Der Graafs

Rare Bird
26-12-2012, 21:27
Sagittarius 'present Tense' 180grm (Music On Vinyl MOVLP517)
Pink Foyd 'Dark Side Of The Moon' ..latest vinyl issue.. this album is one of my all time dislikes but i do like the ending all the same..

Rare Bird
27-12-2012, 16:35
Forgot to mention.. crispy new

Pink Floyd 'Zabriskie Point Sessions, Volume I&II'

Beechwoods
27-12-2012, 16:55
Nice one Andr'e. A lovely set those two, I hope you're pleased with them. Excellent pressing I thought, great source material, and nicely put together artwork.

Rare Bird
27-12-2012, 18:01
Aye..You just gotta have these things :eyebrows:

Any idea what the pressing quality is like for the Pink Floyd 'London '66 & '67 (Mini LP with extended ''Interstellar'' & 'Nicks Boogie'') available on Black or White Vinyl?

Beechwoods
27-12-2012, 18:12
No idea, but it's official, so should be OK...

Audioman
28-12-2012, 10:07
Aye..You just gotta have these things :eyebrows:

Any idea what the pressing quality is like for the Pink Floyd 'London '66 & '67 (Mini LP with extended ''Interstellar'' & 'Nicks Boogie'') available on Black or White Vinyl?

Actualy pretty good sound and clean pressing though I wouldn't describe it as audiophile. (white vinyl version).

Paul

Rare Bird
28-12-2012, 16:48
Thanks Paul...

Today ordered
Yes 'Close To The Edge' 2012 180grm on Rhino & also Yes 'Time & A Word' 180grm Ltd Edition.. :thumbsup:

DanJennings
31-12-2012, 08:57
Thanks Paul...

Today ordered
Yes 'Close To The Edge' 2012 180grm on Rhino & also Yes 'Time & A Word' 180grm Ltd Edition.. :thumbsup:

ooooh tempting

Audioman
31-12-2012, 15:04
Thanks Paul...

Today ordered

Andre. I've been wondering if this Rhino cut will be better than the Friday Music edition. Can you post if this is a Chris Bellman cut - 'CB' in the deadwax. T&AW is Friday Music and they can be a mixed bag SQ wise -anyway have an early green/orange Atlantic of this (unfortunately not plum). Originals of Close to The Edge were never that great soundwise.

Paul.

Rare Bird
31-12-2012, 23:53
Hi Paul
I don't know they have'nt arrived yet..The old issues of 'CTTE' i used to have (leather grain effect cover) on vinyl were dull imho, the one i'm waiting for was the only one i saw available, so i grabbed it, the 'Time & A Word' was more expensive marked as Ltd Edition so might well be the issue your refering to, i'll let you know when they arrive anyway...

Audioman
02-01-2013, 16:28
For CTTE you want the Warner/Rhino new edition. The Friday Music is OK but not outstanding (capitol records mastering). I was speculating the Rhino will be a Grundman Mastering cut like most of their reissues. Also it's cheaper.

As you discovered with TAAW Friday Music are all over the place in packaging quality sometimes ommitting original inserts/sleeve notes. Lack of attention to detail. The best sounding releases are mastered by Kevin Grey. Check their website for details.

http://www.fridaymusic.com/

My second pressing (1971) has a greyish cover similar to that shown. K40085 but original 2400006 as well in the deadwax.

Rare Bird
02-01-2013, 19:52
I'm not happy one bit.. I'm sticking with the Rhino Editions..

Rare Bird
04-01-2013, 20:34
Web 'I Spider' nice crispy jobbie. one of my all time fav recurds along with Samurai

MartinT
07-01-2013, 15:15
The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination

Just arrived on new vinyl from Amazon :)

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/media/alan_parsons_project_tales_of.jpg.jpg

cuddles
14-01-2013, 11:24
Web 'I Spider' nice crispy jobbie. one of my all time fav recurds along with Samurai

Would that be a reissue?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WEB-I-SPIDER-LP-ORIG-UK-1970-POLYDOR-MINT-MONSTER-PROG-/251208288349?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123
:stalks:

Rare Bird
18-01-2013, 03:45
:)

Pay day next week :eyebrows: get ready..

MartinT
18-01-2013, 06:52
I'm going to HMV tomorrow to see what I can find in the price reductions. It may be my last ever time there :(

Rare Bird
24-01-2013, 13:05
All brand new Fuzzies

Beggars Opera 'Pathfinder' (Karussell 2872 102)
Audience 's/t' 180grm + free CD (Lilth LR322)
Brainticket 'Psychonaut' 180grm + free CD(Lilith LR312)
Brainticket 'Cottonwood Hill' 180grm + free CD (Lilith LR313)
Brainticket 'Celestial Ocean' 180grm + free CD(Lilith LR307)
Hawkwind 'Doremi Fasol Latido' 2x180grm (Back On Black RCV013LP)
Hawkwind 'Hall Of The Mountain Grill 2x180grm (Back On Black RCV012LP)
The Doors 's/t' 180grm (Rhino/Elektra 8122-79865)
Van Der Graaf Generator 'The Aerosol Grey Machine' (Mercury SR 61238 )

MartinT
24-01-2013, 13:38
Andr'e, how does the Hawkwind Doremi sound?

Rare Bird
24-01-2013, 14:26
Not played them yet but Hawkwind 's/t' & 'In Search Of space' on the same label sound better to me than the old originals i used to have..

Rare Bird
25-01-2013, 17:34
Another this afternoon
The Neighb'rhood Childr'n (Sundazed LP 5356)
Visitors 's/t' NOS (Si-Wan SRML 3024)

Rare Bird
26-01-2013, 19:15
At this rate my CD collection will be history sooner than later :eyebrows:

Brand new fuzzies:

Plastic Penny 'Two Sides Of A Penny' 180grm (Sommor ‎Somm 008)
Plastic Penny 'Currency' 180grm (Sommor ‎Somm 009)
The Human Zoo 's/t' (Cicadelic ‎CICLP-9668)

Wakefield Turntables
26-01-2013, 20:12
Just got the following

Diagonal... The 2nd mechanism
the mars volta - octahedron

both bloody good!

Rare Bird
26-01-2013, 21:31
Won tonight on 180grm

Oriental Sunshine 'Dedicated To The Bird We Love' (Sunbeam Records SBRLP5013)

F8fs__Td8O8

Rare Bird
31-01-2013, 14:13
Last night i dropped on a 180grm issue of 'Art Of Lovin' have this on CDee but ive been trying to locate a fuzzy in the UK for over four months nar loike.

chris@panteg
02-02-2013, 12:17
Just ordered , the Beatles white album on vinyl , didn't intend to buy it until next week but checked amazon last night and the price had dropped from £35 to £22 ? Result , in the basket and on its way :D

Rare Bird
02-02-2013, 12:41
Yes prices fluctuate all the time, i bought mine a bit back when it was as low.

chris@panteg
02-02-2013, 13:00
Yes prices fluctuate all the time, i bought mine a bit back when it was as low.

Hi Andre , yeah , I expect it to go back up again in few days ? Pleased about getting the white album at last , must have it on vinyl :)

Rare Bird
02-02-2013, 13:45
Nice one, you'll be happy they really are very good quality both the packaging & vinyl, very heavy package aswell.

chris@panteg
02-02-2013, 14:17
Nice one, you'll be happy they really are very good quality both the packaging & vinyl, very heavy package aswell.

Yum,yum :) I used to have a nice 1980 copy .

Audioman
17-02-2013, 13:01
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZX55DfOUL._AA160_.jpg

Family Bandstand. 180g Reissue which faithfully reproduces the original artwork incl clear window and very good sound.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Mo224CJvL._AA160_.jpg

Macca Ram. 2lp 180g. Worth it for second Lp of additional tracks incl 'Just Another Day', though digitally remastered.

Rare Bird
17-02-2013, 13:39
Paul:
What label is the Family on please?

Audioman
17-02-2013, 16:52
Paul:
What label is the Family on please?

Snapper Music. On Amazon for £17-99 from Vinylhead. Got it slightly cheaper but that supplier isn't selling it now and it took 2 weeks from US. It's a really good pressing that claims to be from original tapes. They are reported to be doing other titles from the catalog.

Paul.

Rare Bird
17-02-2013, 19:43
Do you know if The first two Family fuzzies have had a Vinyl re-release?

Audioman
17-02-2013, 23:44
Do you know if The first two Family fuzzies have had a Vinyl re-release?

5 years ago on Tapestry Label. I would think semi official and very limited. Source unknown but more than passable SQ - had all the original inserts. This label reissued quite a few prog and psych titles. Likely needle drops or Cd sources in most cases. The Lp mastering was very good though. It's likely Snapper will put these out in time as they have Chapo's master tapes.

Rare Bird
22-02-2013, 20:09
Bagged a mint issue of Rare Bird 'As Your Mind Flies By' £17 :eyebrows:

Thing Fish
22-02-2013, 20:17
Aretha frankilin - Lady Soul
Tom Waits - The heart of saturday night
Tom Waits - Nighthawks at the diner
Steely Dan - Aja

MartinT
22-02-2013, 21:10
Roxy Music - Avalon
Robert Plant - The Principle of Moments
King Crimson - Earthbound
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive!
Foreigner - Agent Provocateur
The Doobie Brothers - The Captain and Me
Boston - Don't Look Back

Rare Bird
23-02-2013, 18:26
Nice new fuzzy of Alain Goraguerla 'Planete Sauvage' Original Soundtrack Recording

Wakefield Turntables
23-02-2013, 18:38
Steve Wilson - The Raven that refused to sing
Might of Coincidence - Announcing the birth of
Lagger Blues - Machine

Rare Bird
23-02-2013, 18:42
Andy:

where you get the Lagger Blues Machine LP from i need that on fuzzy loike?

btw: it's not called 'Machine' it just 'Lagger Blues Machine'

myles
23-02-2013, 18:58
I bought Pet Sounds 24k gold cd last night.

Wakefield Turntables
23-02-2013, 19:28
Andy:

where you get the Lagger Blues Machine LP from i need that on fuzzy loike?

btw: it's not called 'Machine' it just 'Lagger Blues Machine'

Vinyl Tap - Huddersfield, you need to get your arse over for a visit :D

PS - Thanks for the correction.

Rare Bird
23-02-2013, 21:09
Just landed some more brand new fuzzies
Cymande 's/t'
McDonald & Giles 's/t'
Fox 'For Fox Sake'

Rare Bird
24-02-2013, 16:05
New 2LP version of Caravan – In The Land Of Grey & Pink :eyebrows:

Rare Bird
03-03-2013, 19:30
Dropped on a rare 1st isshew of Chase 'Ennea' I don't generally buy used fuzzies but i couldnt leave this un

:nono:

Rare Bird
03-03-2013, 19:36
Ok bought a bunch of new Reisshews :

David Axelrod 'Songs Of Innocence'
David Axelrod 'Songs Of Experience'
David Axelrod 'Earth Rot'
Midnight Sun 's/t'
Pink Floyd 'Atom Heart Mother'

MartinT
04-03-2013, 08:44
On order from Snow Records, Japan:

Wishbone Ash - There's the Rub
Isao Tomita - The Planets

Marco
04-03-2013, 09:28
Picked up a nice 'audiophile' 180g re-isshew of Floyd's 'Wish you Were Here' yesterday at Scalford :)

Marco.

stupinder
08-03-2013, 18:27
This is from the album "sss" from VCMG - great record if you enjoy Techno.
Bought it today on vinyl having never heard of it before and thoroughly gobsmacked by it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oztKJLPj3S0

MartinT
14-03-2013, 11:39
A good word here for Snow Records in Japan, absolutely vast range of used vinyl available (over 13,000 12") and superb service - very well packaged and delivered inside a week. Thank you Chris for the pointer!

Isao Tomita - The Planets (original pressing)
Wishbone Ash - There's the Rub (original pressing)

Snow Records (http://www.snowrecords.co.jp/servlet/StoreFront)

The Grand Wazoo
14-03-2013, 20:47
Great stuff Martin, they are an excellent business and I can think of innumerable UK outfits who could learn a whole lot by how they operate.
So did you get the Japanese pressing of 'There's the Rub'? If so, then how does it sound - am I going to kick myself for passing on it?

MartinT
14-03-2013, 21:36
I'm listening to it now, Chris, and it sounds very open, dynamic and detailed. Your loss was my gain :)

Yes, Japanese pressing with English cover but Japanese liner notes.

The Grand Wazoo
14-03-2013, 21:56
Your loss was my gain

Bugger - I knew it!
Actually the UK first I got sounds really great too.

MartinT
14-03-2013, 22:22
There's something about Japanese pressings. So clean.

Alex_UK
14-03-2013, 22:28
it always used to be (back in the 80s) that they used "virgin" vinyl, or so I was told. got a few of Madonna's early singles on Japanese vinyl and they sound superb.

MartinT
20-03-2013, 20:31
A nice haul today from the Oxfam Music shop in Southampton:

The Nice - Greatest Hits
John Miles - Stranger in the City
John Miles - Zaragon
Huey Lewis and The News - Sports
Elton John - Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only the Messenger
Martin Stephenson & The Daintees - Boat to Bolivia
Joe Jackson - Body and Soul
Fairground Attraction - The First of a Million Kisses
Chris Rea - Road to Hell 12" single (another copy as it's the most fab single I have)

Rare Bird
23-03-2013, 21:51
Just a few this week..But Hey Ho payday this Friday :eyebrows:

Dr.Z 'Three Parts To My Soul'
Nucleus 'Elastic Rock'
Miles Davis 'Bitches Brew'

Rare Bird
24-03-2013, 21:52
Tonight vinyl purchases..
Aorta 's/t'
New re-isshews of The Hollies 'Evolution' & 'Butterfly'..

MartinT
24-03-2013, 22:13
Tina Dico - Notes (bought at last night's gig).

Thing Fish
24-03-2013, 23:03
Latest Vinyl Purchases...:)

Cassandra Wilson - Blue light 'til dawn
Laura Marling - A creature I don't know
Laura Marling - Live from york Minster
Beth Orton - Sugaring Season

Marco
26-03-2013, 08:21
Tina Dico - Notes (bought at last night's gig).

Were they selling vinyl at the gig, Martin? I would've expected only CDs. That's both impressive and highly encouraging for the future! :)

Marco.

MartinT
26-03-2013, 08:48
Oh yes - all her albums on vinyl and CD as far as I could see, and at very reasonable prices.

realysm42
26-03-2013, 09:04
Three custom made oak isolation platforms that will allow me to use all of my 'spare' RDC cones again.

MartinT
26-03-2013, 14:24
Are they new kinds of fuzzies then, Martin? ;)

Rare Bird
26-03-2013, 14:26
:lol:

Marco
03-04-2013, 11:37
I've just got Jeff Beck's 'Performing this week, Live at Ronnie Scott's', on superb 180g vinyl, bought from Scott Nangle - awesome! :)

Just waiting on my Doors 45 R.P.M box set to get through customs clearance now... :rolleyes:

Marco.

MartinT
03-04-2013, 11:41
That Jeff Beck is tempting, Marco. I may have a word with Scott. Meanwhile, I'm expecting LA Woman on SACD soon.

Rare Bird
03-04-2013, 23:50
Turdays Fuzzed oop purchases:

Hawkwind 'Warrior On The Edge Of Time' (Near Mint UA Shield Cover 1st issue)
Family 'Entertainment' NOS See For Miles (Replacement Fuzz for a lesser quality one i already have)
The Electric Prunes 'Release Of An Oath' Reprise Re-Issue
Caravan 'In The Land Of Grey & Pink' Nice crispy 2LP version on Klimpt Records

Thing Fish
04-04-2013, 00:08
Purchased today - The Staves, Dead & Born & Grown and The - Be good Tanyas, The Blue Horse.

Rare Bird
05-04-2013, 20:03
Last night bagged a mint 1st issue on ABC Records of Ford Theatre 'Time Changes'..Yum Yum.. Can't wait to get my mawlers onit.One of my favorite favorite 60's USA albums...

Audioman
05-04-2013, 20:07
Recent Arrivals.

David Bowie. The Next Day.
Richard Thompson. Electric.
John Martyn. Solid Air (reissue).

Alex_UK
05-04-2013, 20:14
Nice Commer(?) Avatar there Andre! :)

Rare Bird
05-04-2013, 20:17
Aye :eyebrows:

MartinT
05-04-2013, 22:43
Just bagged the following from a colleague at work:

Budgie - Nightflight
ELO - Out of the Blue
Barclay James Harvest - Everyone is Everybody Else
Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing
Steve Hackett - Defector

Also just received new from Amazon:
Daughter - If You Leave

Rare Bird
05-04-2013, 23:05
Hi Martin:
I didnt personally like BJH Polydor releases, im an Harvest Records BJH fan boy . However the album after 'Everyone Is Everybody Else' which is 'Time Honoured Ghost' has a track on it called ''Titles" i thought that was very clever the way the song was completely made up of Beatles Song ''Titles'' ;)

MartinT
06-04-2013, 08:28
Very clever :)

I don't have time to listen to the BJH now, will put it through the RCM tonight.

Thing Fish
06-04-2013, 20:27
Just purchased -

Wayne Shorter - speak no evil
Art Blakey - a night in tunisia
Laura Marling - I speak because I can

All on lovely shiny vinyl of course...:)

Roy S
13-04-2013, 00:07
Not purchased but some kind person has bequeathed me their 80s collection (there are loads more including an Eastenders singalong LP)

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/Lodger56/P1030321_zpse4bc09f7.jpg (http://s562.photobucket.com/user/Lodger56/media/P1030321_zpse4bc09f7.jpg.html)

Barry
13-04-2013, 01:02
The Sade and Alison Moyet discs are worth keeping - ditch the rest!

Roy S
13-04-2013, 01:08
Alan Parsons/Yes/Marillion & Dylan would be my choices

Rare Bird
13-04-2013, 16:16
Cheap/Free records are just that for a reason :lol:

MartinT
13-04-2013, 16:27
Alan Parsons/Yes/Marillion & Dylan would be my choices

Always had a soft spot for T'Pau too.

johnB
13-04-2013, 16:37
Aztec Camera "Love" ....nice album. Roddy Frame was 18 or so when they made their first album "High Land Hard Rain ". He's also an excellent guitarist, last saw him playing lead with Edwyn Collins.
Dylan's Infidels......ok.

Rare Bird
13-04-2013, 19:51
Crispy new Centipede 'Septober Energy' double fuzz

Roy S
13-04-2013, 21:13

..and there were two Bay City Rollers LPs in there as well :eyebrows:

Alex_UK
13-04-2013, 21:56

Desperately trying not to make a rude comment... Carol Decker was a babe!

Marco
13-04-2013, 23:46
Soft spot or damp patch? :eyebrows:

Marco.

Canetoad
14-04-2013, 08:35
While in Hamburg for the day I found a nice record shop and bought:

On the Level - Status Quo
London Town - Wings
Houses of the Holy - Led Zeppelin
Country Life - Roxy Music

Still haven't played them. Still waiting for my Croft Micro 25 to arrive back from update to R spec. :doh:

Marco
28-04-2013, 02:26
Just pre-ordered the new Deep Purple album on vinyl, from Amazon:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4349/deeppurpleo.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/deeppurpleo.jpg/)

Description from the website:

Eight years after the release of Rapture Of The Deep, following many rumours later revealed to be unfounded, Deep Purple, one of the most important and influential British rock bands of all time, have confirmed the release of an album completely made of new studio material. After various songwriting sessions in Europe, the band recorded and mixed the album in Nashville with producer Bob Ezrin (in his impressive hit record: Pink Floyd's The Wall, Alice Cooper and many others). The album is rumoured to be the perfect match from the original spirit of 70s Purple, and a fresh and modern production. Ian Gillan has recently revealed a few working titles of songs that might appear on the album: “Out Of Hands”, “Uncommon Man” and “Hell to Pay”.

Should get it this week :)

Marco.

Marco
28-04-2013, 02:40
Forgot to mention that I bought this fuzzy-wuzz last week:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/195/jimihendrixx.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/jimihendrixx.jpg/)

Fooking superb!! :eek:

Marco.

Thing Fish
28-04-2013, 09:31
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-cks0YAtxRDQ/UXzr3q9_QxI/AAAAAAAAByo/bXgp0Css7OM/s493/milestones_lp_cover.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EDfE3rePNl4/UXzr4PQoyFI/AAAAAAAABys/mqa0LCxIkMY/s493/roundmidnight_lp_cover.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iaBTCEJnzUo/UXzr6LeCpwI/AAAAAAAABy4/Qqob0vO68Bs/s493/someday_lp_cover.jpg

RSD mono reissues...:)