PDA

View Full Version : Oh NO! Not another Charity Auction.

northwest
22-05-2012, 16:31
Oh YES!

Some of you may not know, but Dave on here - BigandBouncy - is involved in fundraising for a Dog Rescue Charity "up North". He has held sales, run Marathons and even juggled balls (okay, maybe I made the last bit up) to raise money for the Charity.
Once in a while, generous people do generous things and over the last couple of months I have been the recipient of these charitable acts:

Les Wolstenholme of Avondale Electroinics repaired FOC a CD player that was eleven years out of warranty and just posted the parts back without any mention of payment.
Glenn Croft repaired an amp FOC even though iot was also out of warranty and sent it back to me at his expense.
Dominic and Natalie of North West Analogue gave up a great deal of their time to help me out and I just knew I was stopping them from earning a living and Dominic has studiously refused to take money from me.
Dave Brooks ALWAYS stops work to help me out and gives me good advice FOC - if he were a solicitor he could be charging me a couple hundred pounds an hour at least! There are others, you know who you are.

So I always stick a couple of pounds in the Charity box on their behalf and that way, life goes on harmoniously. However, this time I have decided to do something and try and get the forum involved a bit. I don't have any Hi-Fi kit to sell you all to raise money but i DO have access to some first class British mens Grooming items that I think I can tempt you with. I am involved with a company that sells the finest UK Shaving Products and there will be three items over the next nine days. There will be a Razor, a Shaving Brush and a complete Gift Set.

First up will be the Edwin Jagger Gift Boxed Ivory Razor. Then there will be a Simpson Shaving Brush, this is the Rolls Royce of Shaving Brushes hand made in the Isle of Man. Finally, the new kid on the block - a "Bluebeards Revenge Shaving Kit" This has everything for the discerning Gentleman!

This will be a sort of auction format and each item will run for 48 hours. I don't care what you do - send me a PM with a bid, put your bid amount in this thread - whatever. But I must ask that you put a note in this thread that you do intend to bid. If anyone has a better idea I am all ears but in the interest of transparency you put a note in this thread with or without the amount you are bidding then send me a note of your bid. Got that? Good.

So here you are - one of the fines Gillette Razor Handles as used by the Rich and Famous:

http://www.hellrazorz.com/media/catalog/product/cache/6/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/v/ivory.jpg

(Note - the Gillette Fusion Model is shown but this is for a Mach3 Razor)

You can find all of the details of this wonderful device here: http://www.hellrazorz.com/shaving-supplies/imitation-ivory-chatsworth-razor.html

So, who is going to be first to take a chance of dipping their toe into the epitome of modern Razors?

Remember, this is for a very worthwhile cause.

Audio Al
22-05-2012, 18:11
Well done

Shame I have had a beard for 37 years :D

Audio Al
22-05-2012, 18:13
I will start it off with a £10 bid

I may have a shave after 37 years :lol:

northwest
22-05-2012, 18:28
I will start it off with a £10 bid

I may have a shave after 37 years :lol:

Marvellous! If you DO win the auction Al - I might tempt you with a beard thinning razor! Moustache wax?

Bigandbouncy
24-05-2012, 17:13
Thanks for doing this Graham!

MCRU
24-05-2012, 20:44
Need a new shaver, £15 bid from me.

montesquieu
24-05-2012, 23:35
bidding if possible (has the first one finished?)

Audio Al
25-05-2012, 03:51
Did I win ?

Started 22-05-2012, 17:31

ended 48 hours later 24-05-12 17:31

Maybe time for a shave :D

northwest
25-05-2012, 21:49
Right Gentlemen, montesquieu (Tom) has won the auction with his generous offer via PM, Unfortunately I had an unexpected trip out to A&E yesterday afternoon (all fine, old injury) and the "men in white coats" filled me with some rather strong pain killers so I have been a little out of it for the last 24 hours. Sadly not a pleasant experience.
Not to worry, the important thing is we have gone some way to supporting Dave's charity.
Further updates and a new Auction tpmorrow - IF I can master the art of typing laying flat on my back:doh: