PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with dodgy sounding digital interconnects?

walpurgis
17-05-2012, 22:47
Here's a tip for digital interconnect cable. Try making cables with Vandamme 278-075-000 UP-OFC75 OHM SERIAL DIGITAL VIDEO CABLE LZH SHF-1ECOFLEX. It makes the most remarkably good digital interconnect, very transparent and natural, with no harshness. its not dear and it is available (you may need to do an internet search). I've used cables costing a small fortune and the Vandamme is as good or better. Don't know why, but it works! Geoff.

DSJR
18-05-2012, 11:40
To make a cable costing loads more to the eye, just take the existing Van Damme cable and, before soldering the second plug on, put some fancy meshing round it. Terminate with some currently fashionable plugs and bobs your uncle :)

walpurgis
18-05-2012, 21:34
To make a cable costing loads more to the eye, just take the existing Van Damme cable and, before soldering the second plug on, put some fancy meshing round it. Terminate with some currently fashionable plugs and bobs your uncle :)

Yes I agree, a bit of mesh sleeving does look good. You can certainly get some fancy ones. I stretch it and superglue each end down, then cover each end with a bit of heat shrink sleeve up to or into each plug. I'd never sleeve two cables together though. I always use silver solder these days, but I'm not convinced it makes an audible difference. Geoff.