PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Withani

Withani
14-05-2012, 10:56
Hi,
Another Ian here - with one "I" not two!
Trying to drag myself into the 21st century by exploring how to get a great digital (1000 albums as FLAC files) system that delivers the emotion of an analogue set up.

Continuously confused by experiences with valves v Solid State, Streamers, DACs and NAS's, and on the lookout for some nice standmount speakers to be coupled with a sub!

System is currently Squeezebox driven (various flavours) with MDAC and either valve (OTL's) or Solid State (Avondale or NVA). Speakers from ESL 57's to Rega Kytes!

Music - just about everything from The The to Shusheela Ramen via Mahler and John Taverner.

Music rooms are a real challenge - NOTHING works satisfactorily ....... yet and I really really don't like harsh treble - possibly due to age and worn out ears.:scratch:

dantheman91
14-05-2012, 12:11
Hi

Welcome to the AOS

Hope you enjoy your stay

Hmm ESL 57's :eyebrows:

MartinT
14-05-2012, 12:48
Hi Ian

You're not far away. Welcome to AoS. I know all about rooms, had an atrocious one in my previous house, but now I bask in the glory of a good one :)

Reid Malenfant
14-05-2012, 17:33
Hi Ian, welcome to the forum from me as well :)

In all honesty I wouldn't go for floorstanders with a sub :nono:

Personally I'd go for some small stand mount speakers, a decent sub & an anti-mode 8033s & let the sub cover up to say 80Hz, assuming that matches the stand mounts. I did suggest small ones, preferably sealed boxes to ;)

That way you get rid of the room modes from the lowest frequency that the main speakers produce downwards :D IE clean & deep bass with zero boom...

It's what I'd do if I wasn't in the situation I'm in....

The Grand Wazoo
14-05-2012, 19:47
Hi Ian,
Welcome welcome welcome!!!!
Nice to have you here.
Cheers

Giubanix
14-05-2012, 20:50
Hello and welcome, from one Ian to another.

electric beach
15-05-2012, 09:25
Hi and welcome Ian, you've found the right place to find the answers you're looking for ;)

I'm a neighbour in Benfleet, you're welcome to come and hear my FLOORSTANDING speakers, sub + Antimode DSP from Squeezebox Touch and glowing tubes :eyebrows: