PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

osvaldo
14-05-2012, 10:06
Hello everyone,

Just joined up and wanted to say hello to all you guys in the forum.
I enjoy listening to quality hi-fi systems and while I don't have a lot of experience, I try to setup mine at home. I listen to almost all types music, most of them a little bit bass intense. I like the energetic sound.
My current system consists of a spitfire mk2 DAC > Naim Nait XS > B&W 683 speakers.
Very interested in advise regarding how can I get a better overall sound from my system.
I'm willing to share my little knowledge with all and hope I can be of help.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Osvaldo

Puffin
14-05-2012, 12:29
Hi Oswald (that's English for Osvaldo:D)

pzA58UwK0V0

osvaldo
14-05-2012, 15:19
Hi Puffin, I know that song. It's a bit old and the local radios play it often :)

Reid Malenfant
14-05-2012, 20:50
Hi Osvaldo, welcome to AoS from me as well :) Well you have a system, so what do you like listening to on it?

No need to be shy, we have a very broad load of musical tastes on here & I'm not kidding :eyebrows: I'm one of them, I'll listen to anything from Punk to The Mamas & Papas, Drum & Bass to Vangelis & just about anything else to :)

Make yourself at home, I hope you enjoy your stay here! :cool:

The Grand Wazoo
14-05-2012, 21:23
Hello Osvaldo,
Here's a warm welcome from me too.
Sorry for my ignorance, but Maputo? - Is that in Mozambique?

Cheers

osvaldo
16-05-2012, 17:22
Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!
Chris, yes its in Mozambique - a nice tropical country in Africa :)
Mark, the system is nice to listen to. Especially modern records, the older recordings feel a bit soft... less loud and with less impact. On a overall its a nice listen. I love the Naim 'make sure you get the rhythm variations' sound. As I said earlier, I tend to like the agitated sound - rock, pop, r&b, electronic, house, even jazz i like the ones that are less sleepy :) Here in Mozambique because of the language influences I get to listen also to a lot of African Zouk and Brazilian music... which I also like.

Cheers