PDA

View Full Version : UK Chart Hit Database - everyHit

The Grand Wazoo
11-05-2012, 22:59
I'd forgotten about this website until I saw Stan's recent thread about trying to track down a single from 1969.

everyHit (http://www.everyhit.com/index.html)

It's a database of every single or album which spent at least one week in the UK Top 40 from November 1952 (singles) / November 1958 (albums) to the present week.

About everyHit

everyHit.com is a website for fans of The British music scene from the beginning of the rock 'n' roll era right the way through to the present day.

It aims to inform about the world's fastest-moving and most vibrant music industry and promote it across the planet.

The site is non-profit making. There are no sponsors and no banner advertisements.

The database is a dream come true for professionals, music fans, and anoraks alike. It enables you to answer many types of questions which have, until now, been difficult to address.

List the hits of any artist (in date, chronological or alphabetical order).
Search for song titles - or titles containing a particular word or phrase.
List all of the tracks available during a specific period of time (monthly or more).
The searches can be combined in a variety very powerful ways; easily find the 24 hits containing "love" from Jan-Jun 1990! You get the idea.

The best way to use the database is to have a play. So off you go!

Gmanuk101
12-05-2012, 07:29
My tiny mind has just exploded!

Audioman
12-05-2012, 07:33
Problem is there is a lot of classic music that didn't reach the top 40 which limits it's usefullness as a reference. You won't find 'Village Green Preservation Society' for instance.

Tim
12-05-2012, 14:10
Thanks Chris for taking the time to post this, some interesting finds in there and something to explore in the future - I have it bookmarked ;)

The Grand Wazoo
12-05-2012, 15:40
It's such a fantastic resource - I think we'll be putting a link to it in the Library too.