PDA

View Full Version : Varied musical tastes.

Vinyl Grinder
10-02-2008, 23:30
What i've noticed thru the ''Spinning today'' section as well as other forums is that people generally have a broad & varied taste in music..How is this possible? Just how! No way on earth could i listern to a different style of music than what i do!...Just something i've never understood..I find it near on impossible..

:scratch:

Marco
10-02-2008, 23:46
It's called being open-minded, mate. You're just too stuck in your ways! ;)

:gig:

No way could I listen to the same type of music day in day out...

Variety is the spice of life!

Marco.

Vinyl Grinder
11-02-2008, 00:08
It's called being open-minded, mate. You're just too stuck in your ways! ;)

:gig:

No way could I listen to the same type of music day in day out...

Variety is the spice of life!

Marco.

:nocomment:

Marco
11-02-2008, 08:42
LOL. Well you can't be a DJ and play only the one kind of music, can ya? ;)

Music is a mood thing for me, and different types of music suit different moods, or occasions. Man, yesterday I was listening to George Michael, The Beatles, Tiesto, and then finished off with some Hawkwind!

I guess that I must have been in a strange mood... :)

Marco.

Vinyl Grinder
12-02-2008, 00:03
some Hawkwind!

Superb.Next time you listern to the real Hawkwind bear these images in mind:

http://www.tac.streamlinetrial.co.uk/woc/stacia/stacia.htm

Stacia Blake all 6 ft 2 inches tall with a 52 inch bust.Luverly..Her last appearence with hawkwind was the Reading festival late 1975...

I've seen Hawkwind live 8 times.

jimdgoulding
12-02-2008, 05:43
VG- You're putting us on, right? You can't be serious.

Rick O
12-02-2008, 10:22
VG: Surely as a prog enthusiast you realise the reason why that style started was because of a broad musical taste. Prog bands often incorporate other styles (such as classical and jazz) into their music... which is what makes it progressive.

I listen to, and even play many different styles. I am a classical pianist who plays keyboards in a heavy metal band, and also piano/keyboards in a Jazz duet.

Vinyl Grinder
12-02-2008, 12:08
VG: Surely as a prog enthusiast you realise the reason why that style started was because of a broad musical taste. Prog bands often incorporate other styles (such as classical and jazz) into their music... which is what makes it progressive.

Aye & the record company bosses are what ended progressive in the mid '70's.All that was gone for a more simple straight forward composition if you like to call em that .

Colinx
15-02-2008, 17:21
I could no more live with one style of music than I could face a burger and chips diet. The only thing that has stayed a consistent for me is a abhorrence of UK brewed Lager, I would say all, but one or two Belgium one's tickle my pallet. I think the choice is as much down to the residuals from a working day as anything, well that and if listening alone or 'en famille'

Vinyl Grinder
15-02-2008, 17:31
Prog bands often incorporate other styles (such as classical and jazz) into their music... which is what makes it progressive.

What makes prog so exciting.Incorporated styles or not, prog is still a music all of it's own..

Filterlab
15-02-2008, 17:51
... a different style of music...

I have to say that being a musician has a huge bearing on varieties of music listened to. I have a wide selection of stuff, some of it even staggers me that I bought. :confused:

stupinder
16-02-2008, 11:30
Where do Hawkwind fit in with th prog category? Perhaps another thread all about hawkwind and related bands is in order??

Vinyl Grinder
16-02-2008, 13:33
Where do Hawkwind fit in with th prog category? Perhaps another thread all about hawkwind and related bands is in order??

What like a space Rock type thing? Start one off then...No Ozric Testicles tho.

shane
16-02-2008, 15:59

Round about here somewhere, I'd say...

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/9835/dike/hawk.jpg

Vinyl Grinder
16-02-2008, 17:22
Yum yum Stacia ..

stupinder
16-02-2008, 17:46
Would start off a thread only I dunno where to. Cooker yes! Hifi Yes...ish! Pontuter......nah!
Nice pic tho' Been watching a you tube version of "Spirit of the Age" with Mathew Wright (day time telly geezer) on vocals.... cool but Mr Calvert he ain't. Speaking of which I recently got a copy of "Lucky Lief and the Longships" which i used to adore but strangely on first listening found tough going. i will try harder!

Pierre De Grenoble
16-02-2008, 20:33
Would start off a thread only I dunno where to. Cooker yes! Hifi Yes...ish! Pontuter......nah!
Nice pic tho' Been watching a you tube version of "Spirit of the Age" with Mathew Wright (day time telly geezer) on vocals.... cool but Mr Calvert he ain't. Speaking of which I recently got a copy of "Lucky Lief and the Longships" which i used to adore but strangely on first listening found tough going. i will try harder!

I always found that one hard going.. My softspot was always Captain Lockheed........ Catch a falling Starfighter..:drugs: