PDA

View Full Version : Turntable lids are a great invention...

The Vinyl Adventure
06-05-2012, 00:18
... If you have a 9 month old

2Xkw9SVkO8c

Marco
06-05-2012, 07:58
That's a classic 'mixture' for taking out scratches... You should've got your shirt sleeve and rubbed it in, creating a little pool of slather, then polished it off (flicking away the regurgitated bits of Rusk, beforehand), and bingo, your lid would've looked like new!! :D

Or something like that...

Marco.

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
06-05-2012, 10:29
Hamish

I bet you have a lot more of stuff like that, to happen yet.
Just hope Connie in the future does not mistake the TT lid for the bin lid or worse

Andy - SDDW

Marco
07-05-2012, 08:58
Hey, I thought my suggestion was a great idea - some folk are no fun! :D

Marco.

The Vinyl Adventure
07-05-2012, 09:06
I'd forgot I posted this ...
She's a little monky, but if she breaks things she breaks things ... Things is things at the end of the day!

And yeh Marco, I shall bare your cleaning techniques in mind ... Maybe I should bottle her sneezes and sell it to audiophiles ...

StanleyB
07-05-2012, 09:16
I packed away my stereo before my eldest child was born, and didn't unpack most of it again till my youngest child was going to primary school. I had seen other friends suffer the loss of or experienced damage to their system, and I wanted to avoid that scenario. Mind you, I didn't expect them to be packed away for nearly 20 years, or that some bits would be more expensive to buy now compared to how much I paid for them :D.

Puffin
07-05-2012, 09:35
I "lost" about 10 years between 1980 and 1990 after the "boy blunder" was born. My system was an old Eagle amp, Garrard SP25 MkII and some home made large coffin style speakers. The TT was relegated to the top of the lounge wall unit, so to listen to any music meant standing on a chair, Hence it happened very rarely.

I sold the speakers after buying some "proper" hifi speakers (Mission 760i's). I later realised that the "coffins" housed some Goodmans Axiom drive units....Doh! You live and learn.