PDA

View Full Version : Newbie.

Eagle owl
04-05-2012, 15:21
Hello, my name is Geoffrey and I've joined the forum today. My current equipment is Harman Kardon HK990 or Prima Luna Prologue 2, Rega Apollo with Rega DAC and Harbeth Super HL5. In addition to those items I occasionally use an Akai Reference Master GX95 cassette deck which I bought new on November 1st 1990. I also still use Minidisc and have three full sized decks and five personals. For background music I have a Meridian M80.

Geoff. :)

Reid Malenfant
04-05-2012, 17:48
Hi Geoffrey, welcome to the forum :) Quite a few members on here with Harbeths, you are in no way alone in taking a shine to them :cool:

Meridian for background music, I like it :eyebrows:

Bests to you & I hope you enjoy your stay here!

The Grand Wazoo
04-05-2012, 19:15
Hi Geoff,
Welcome to AoS from me. Nice to have you here. So what sort of music do you like (background or otherwise)?

Cheers

Alex_UK
06-05-2012, 09:33
Hi Geoff, welcome from me too. SHL5's - lovely. :)

Enjoy AoS.

Eagle owl
08-05-2012, 17:05
Thank you for the welcome chaps. I mostly listen to classical music these days but also listen to Diana Krall, Katie Melua, Eva Cassidy, Norah Jones, Melody Gardot, Jack Johnson, Nat King Cole, Shelby Lynne, Pink Floyd, Thin Lizzy and many more. Thin Lizzy are the cause of the tinnitus in my left ear. LOL

Geoff.

Tarzan
08-05-2012, 17:11
Welcome fellow Harbethian:)

Eagle owl
08-05-2012, 18:15
Welcome fellow Harbethian:)

Thanks Andy. :thumbsup:

Mr Kipling
08-05-2012, 18:31
Hi Geoff,

Lost last message so I'll try again.

Thanks for the welcome. Mini Disc fan. I don't have a home one but I have 4 personal ones. My favourite is a Sharp MD-DR7-S. Love its design, feel and sound. Nearly as nice is a Sony MZR 55. I did have a few more but a few years ago I had a bit of a cull and give a few away.

Try and investigate A Girl Called Eddy. I'm sure you'll like her. Sadly, she's just done the one album.

Kind Regards,
Stephen

Eagle owl
08-05-2012, 19:46
Hi Geoff,

Lost last message so I'll try again.

Thanks for the welcome. Mini Disc fan. I don't have a home one but I have 4 personal ones. My favourite is a Sharp MD-DR7-S. Love its design, feel and sound. Nearly as nice is a Sony MZR 55. I did have a few more but a few years ago I had a bit of a cull and give a few away.

Try and investigate A Girl Called Eddy. I'm sure you'll like her. Sadly, she's just done the one album.

Kind Regards,
Stephen

Thanks Stephen. :thumbsup: