PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

Steve P
06-01-2009, 22:25
Hi folks,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. The name's Steve - believe it or not - and it's a pleasure to be here. 'Fraid I'm something of a novice when it comes to this sort of thing but, well, I'm eager to learn. Hopefully you lovely ladies and gents will be able to steer me in the right direction when I'm finally ready to pony up and purchase myself one of them thar' fancy audio-contraptions.

For the time-being, however, I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I'm looking forward to reading through the forum and getting involved in some of the discussions that I might actually be able to contribute to. Looks like a cosy community, if I do say so myself. See y'all around!

Steve

aquapiranha
06-01-2009, 23:15
Hello Steve, from another Steve. I hope you too had a great Christmas and New Year!

It is indeed a friendly and cosy place here, but do not let that fool you - there are some here who's knowledge of audio is encyclopaedic!

:)

Primalsea
07-01-2009, 00:01
The great expectation of forums is that you will talk to others who share your hobby. Quite often instead you come into contact with over-opinionated, egotistical gits with an over inflated sense of self importance. Here, despite what other forums might say we are just a bunch of guys who like to talk about our hobby. Some of us even disagree with each other which is fine as we dont tend to be rude about it.

I'm trying to say welcome but after 2 large whiskys its quite difficult

Filterlab
07-01-2009, 11:46
Hi Steve and welcome on board. Novices and professionals alike are all welcome here! Do you have a system at the moment or are we capturing you at the virgin stage?

Beechwoods
07-01-2009, 19:32
Rob, I'm sure you've been warned about grooming on internet forums ;) You keep your hands of the new members!

Steve, glad you posted. Like Rob says, everyone is welcome here, and it's especially nice to see someone who's just starting to think about their system. While you get a feel for the equipment side of things there's plenty of time to be spent talking about music and all the other paraphernalia that goes along with what we love.

Cheers, and welcome! http://img3.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/animated/anim_32.gif (http://www.thescubasite.com/Scuba-Diving-Pictures/)

Filterlab
07-01-2009, 19:46
Rob, I'm sure you've been warned about grooming on internet forums ;) You keep your hands of the new members!

Apologies, I mustn't tread on Marco's toes. :lolsign:

Steve Toy
08-01-2009, 01:50
A warm welcome to Steve P. He's the guy who originally installed the Vbulletin software for this forum just under a year ago and as such saw this place come to being even before Marco and Rob!

He has been responsible also for adding a couple of updates since.

I have recommended that he buy some decent second-hand gear to start him off. I know a chap selling a valve amplifier for a decent price...

Marco
08-01-2009, 07:35
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your help in setting it all up :)

I'm sure it'll be handy having you around!

Feel free to ask any questions you like on hi-fi - we're a friendly and fairly knowledgeable bunch here...

What music are you into?

Marco.

anthonyTD
08-01-2009, 17:57
welcome steve...
anthony,TD...:)