PDA

View Full Version : Hell Has Frozen Over

Beechwoods
06-01-2009, 20:26
Apple is dropping DRM from it's entire iTunes catalogue.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/jan/06/apple-drops-itunes-copy-protection

Sadly, no plans to drop lossy compression at the same time ;)

aquapiranha
06-01-2009, 23:21
This is a very shrewd marketing move by Jobs. Apple continue their slow march to world domination.. ( and I am what you might consider an apple fanboi..)

Primalsea
06-01-2009, 23:52
If you read J-Rand's website you would think that us audiophools are all nutters that would toss ourselves off over our hifi's if someone claimed it made them sound better but read that article and you soon realise that the real nutters are the Apple fanatics. Cue up overnight to get a good seat at an apple press annoucement!! OMG.

Primalsea
06-01-2009, 23:55
No one here has tossed themself off over their hifi, have they.

Beechwoods
07-01-2009, 06:56
No... not yet... just an early night!
Edit: Erk!! Just re-read your comment. I would like to state for the record that I have not tried that particular upgrade. TBH it sounds slightly dangerous. Ensure that any equipment is switched off and unplugged prior to tossing, and that any capacitors have had to time to discharge safely.

but read that article and you soon realise that the real nutters are the Apple fanatics. Cue up overnight to get a good seat at an apple press annoucement!! OMG.

It's called the Reality Distortion Field (http://folklore.org/StoryView.py?story=Reality_Distortion_Field.txt) and it definitely exists. I can't explain it but it's true.

It even works on subjects as far away as Dubai, according to the Guardian article ;)

Filterlab
07-01-2009, 11:39
No one here has tossed themself off over their hifi, have they.

Ahem.

Being an Apple fan and an audiophile, you can imagine my elation when I began to use my Apple as a hi-fi source. :lol:

Filterlab
07-01-2009, 11:41
This is a very shrewd marketing move by Jobs. Apple continue their slow march to world domination.. ( and I am what you might consider an apple fanboi..)

Get over to the Apple social group on here. Social groups can be accessed from your control panel. :)