PDA

View Full Version : Langevin / Manley Labs Mini Massive Stereo Equaliser

Neil McCauley
06-01-2009, 17:19
Truly one of the most neutral and flexible analogue parametric EQ devices yet made. Forget bass traps and stuff like that. This is the intelligent answer. Bass tightening, bass extension, treble detail without sibilance, more spaciousness? It’s all here for you today! Can’t afford the Lyngdorf RP-1 Room Perfect ? This is the next best thing and at a fraction of the price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160308500852&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006

A user writes as follows:

"Your comments regarding the Langevin Mini Massive on your blog caught my eye as I have been using a Manley Massive Passive for the same purpose.

I have my SF Cremonas in a less than ideal position in my room (WAF !) and the bass / mid responses were pretty grim. The Manley has allowed me to acheve fabulous results (most of my hi fi freinds are converts now) - so I really just wanted to say that I absolutely agree that an analogue parametric equaliser is definately the way to go.

I sourced mine a while ago through pro audio suppliers and was able to hear a wide range of digital / analogue devices and quite honestly, the Manley / Langevin gear was in a league of its own. What was interesting was that the pro guys I spoke to obviously felt the same way - something of an endorsement of your approach, I feel."