PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all the sound system peoples.

theartfulbadger
01-05-2012, 20:15
Hi. I joined because I'm fascinated by audio and I like making music. I have a Panasonic SG165 Amplifier from 1977, hooked up to Panasonic speakers - I'm not aware of their model number.

I also recently got hold of a Goodmans 110 Compact amplifier (my dad has the 120 and I've always admired its ferocious power) ready to be hooked up to massive Goodmans Magnum SL speakers with 12in subwoofers. I also have a set of Goodmans Dimension 8 bi-directional speakers; they sound great but they need some love and attention.

If anyone's interested, my production setup consists of an Akai MPC 2000XL sampler/drum machine, a Yamaha midi keyboard, an Apple laptop and and some horribly cheap Numark turntables.

I enjoy records, building beats, trying to play instruments and I'd love to learn more about the underlying electronics - my knowledge of transistors and stuff is embarrassingly basic, but I'm hopeful the people here can help me with that.

Reid Malenfant
01-05-2012, 20:23
Hi Xavier, welcome to AoS :) Interesting, I'd suggest that you ask questions on stuff that interests you, after all, the only silly question is the one that is never asked :eyebrows:

I'm sure you'll find we are a friendly bunch & I'm sure we'll all help out with any questions you may have (assuming we can answer them ;)).

I'm quite surprised that your Magnums are still in working order, i bought a pair from a car boot sale years back & the foam surround on the 12" drivers soon fell to pieces :rolleyes:

I hope you enjoy your stay here!

The Grand Wazoo
01-05-2012, 23:07
Hi Xavier,
Here's a warm welcome to AoS from me too. I've often in the past looked wistfully at Dimension 8's.

Plenty of very knowledgeable people here are only to willing and able to help you out in ways you never dreamed of!

Cheers