PDA

View Full Version : Interest check: Bowers and Wilkins DM2 speakers

Barry
01-05-2012, 20:12
This is an interest check for a pair of early version Bowers & Wilkins DM2 speakers.

They are a three-way design using an 8" bass driver, a Celestion HF1300 tweeter and a 'super tweeter'. The super tweeter is not the STC 4001 fitted to later units, but appears to be a soft dome design with a square flange. Sorry to be so vague, but I'm only passing on information as supplied by the seller.

The cosmetic condition is, as far as I can ascertain, good but the cabinets could do with "a damn good clean".

These are the the DM2's not the DM2A version.

The seller is selling these speakers on behalf of a friend of his who died recently. Proceeds from the sale of his audio system, of which these speakers are part, will go to the deceased preferred charity.

Asking price £30 for the pair. Owing to the weight of the speakers, collection would be preferred (East London/Essex), otherwise carriage can be negociated.

Please PM me if interested.

seoirse2002
01-05-2012, 22:09
Ill have them Barry...PM sent

dantheman91
02-05-2012, 09:53
This is an interest check for a pair of early version Bowers & Wilkins DM2 speakers.

They are a three-way design using an 8" bass driver, a Celestion HF1300 tweeter and a 'super tweeter'. The super tweeter is not the STC 4001 fitted to later units, but appears to be a soft dome design with a square flange. Sorry to be so vague, but I'm only passing on information as supplied by the seller.

The cosmetic condition is, as far as I can ascertain, good but the cabinets could do with "a damn good clean".

These are the the DM2's not the DM2A version.

The seller is selling these speakers on behalf of a friend of his who died recently. Proceeds from the sale of his audio system, of which these speakers are part, will go to the deceased preferred charity.

Asking price £30 for the pair. Owing to the weight of the speakers, collection would be preferred (East London/Essex), otherwise carriage can be negociated.

Please PM me if interested.

Hi

can i have second dibs.?

dan

Barry
02-05-2012, 18:52
Hi

can i have second dibs.?

dan

Hello Dan,

Actually there is another member who contacted me an hour after George (seoirse2002) said he would take them, which means you are third in the queue.

At the moment the speakers are provisionally SOLD

I have to say that George is quite definite in wanting them, so unfortunately, it seems highly unlikely that I will be able to offer them to another party.

Sorry