PDA

View Full Version : My setup

muffinman
06-01-2009, 13:20
My system has looked far better than this. noteably when it was MF/cyrus icons and orbe. However, it's never sounded better than it does now.
there's a lesson in there somewhere
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/womblethedog/rewire2017.jpg
the standac is hidden behind the ps1200. i really need an extra shelf module but can't find one:(
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/womblethedog/rewire2018.jpg

Marco
06-01-2009, 13:34
Excellent, Gareth - some nice kit there...

How are the 'bits' I sold you doing? :)

Marco.

muffinman
06-01-2009, 13:46
How are the 'bits' I sold you doing? :)

rumbled - this is an old photo hence the lack of damper. i'll pop an extra one up in a mo.
the damper is doing its job nicely and is a nice piece of engineering.
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/womblethedog/7006.jpg
the transparent lead is less of a revelation if truth be told, but i don't think it's any fault of the lead.
i think the most suprising thing in the entire setup is the sony NACdh1e
i don't know what it does in there, but output from its HDD is almost imperceptible from the output through the TC-7510 6/4 and transparent i/c.
there is a difference, but nothing mindblowing.
i think a lot of people would consider the sony a 'toy' - i can honestly tell you it's an excellent bit of kit, and i'm very glad i found it at such a good price.

Marco
06-01-2009, 13:50
LOL, no worries! I thought that I couldn't 'spy' the damper ;)

the transparent lead is less of a revelation if truth be told, but i don't think it's any fault of the lead.

Cables will do what cables will do from system to system... There is no 'one size fits all' cable.

Have you made sure that directionality is correct? The end marked with the white collar on the plug goes to the source, etc. If not, it won't sound right.

Marco.

muffinman
06-01-2009, 13:57
Have you made sure that directionality is correct? The end marked with the white collar on the plug goes to the source, etc. If not, it won't sound right.

It's all ticketty boo fella. it's horses for courses as you say. the 'logical' step would be to address the analogue i/c from the dac/cdp but i don't wish to go down that road again just yet.

DSJR
06-01-2009, 15:22
You know, I was offered a Transparent ML Ultra balanced in fully working, but tatty cosmetic condition for £200 a number of years ago. I didn't have my cheque book and before I got the chance to re-visit the chap I was made redundant from the "road" job I had!!!!! I feel deep regret as I really liked their Ultra interconnects, despite the boutique prices. A mate has his Krell/MLsystem wired with Transparent Reference leads with no guilt whatsoever lol.

fraser.
11-01-2009, 22:22
How do you find that mitchel clamp? They look pretty cool. Any use or just purdy?

muffinman
12-01-2009, 16:26
I dont currently use it in conjunction with the sds. i'll be using it again when i get a different mat.
it's light, it works, it looks good and it's cheap
give it a go

fraser.
12-01-2009, 17:02
what mat are you thinking of using with the clamp?

Does the clamp clamp to the spindle? I've never used one before- can you clamp it down too hard and make things worse?

muffinman
12-01-2009, 17:09
what mat are you thinking of using with the clamp?

Does the clamp clamp to the spindle? I've never used one before- can you clamp it down too hard and make things worse?

hopefully a herbies mod or srm. the sds does a good job but has to be used in conjunction with something to provide a decent record/mat interface.
it clamps on to the spindle. it pushes down as hard as you want really. damage is easily avoided. like i say, if the disc is perfect then no clamp should be required, i just like using them

muffinman
24-02-2009, 22:03
Now with added Terminator

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/womblethedog/000_0429-1.jpg

It's rather good :gig:

Clive
24-02-2009, 22:13
The deck looks great with the arm. The Technics deck with the Terminator looks as the Germans would say "Technik".

Maybe it's because I too know full well how fantasticly the arm performs that I find it great looking, admittedly it's form follows function. I bet you are enjoying it!

muffinman
24-02-2009, 22:18
Cheers
the silver decks aren't too common 'round these parts. it would have looked less good on a black 'un.
People like Vic make taking a punt on hifi a real treat.
Here's to him :cool:

jonners
24-02-2009, 22:31
Now with added Terminator

It's rather good :gig:

Amazing! Can you say some more?

DSJR
24-02-2009, 22:53
Before we totally change tack on arms, can anyone tell me if the Nagaoka headshell I found recently is similar to the Sumiko one?

Hope someone can find time to answer.. :)