PDA

View Full Version : What's going on ?

Jac Hawk
27-04-2012, 22:49
Just noticed 2 new members Marco? and the grand wazoo? is someone taking the piss:scratch:

Reid Malenfant
27-04-2012, 22:53
Already PM'ed Chris about his alter ego :) I didn't realise Marco had one to :eyebrows:

Who'll be next? :scratch:

The Grand Wazoo
28-04-2012, 00:30
It's all a bit odd. However, I'd suggest that if anyone sees an advert or
receives an offer from 'myself�' or 'Marco�' in the course of the next day or so that seems too good to be true, but involves you sending 'us�' some money, then you should tell 'us�' to go piss up a rope because 'we're�' chiselling low-life scumbags who don't deserve to be pissed on if 'we're�' on fire.

Action will be taken shortly.

Tim
28-04-2012, 13:11
It does look like that scam that has been initiated on other forums. There are some cheeky buggers out there - dishonesty really pisses me off.

Marco
28-04-2012, 15:01
The assholes are toast... Any further 'clones' won't make it past the account authorisation stage! ;)

Marco.

Barry
28-04-2012, 16:05
Already PM'ed Chris about his alter ego :) I didn't realise Marco had one too :eyebrows:

Who'll be next? :scratch:

Don't you guys read the new posts? :doh:

I reported on Marco's 'clone' as soon as the new "member" appeared! In fact I made two posts on the matter, admittedly in the 'Balderdash and Piffle' thread as I was unaware that it was a scam - I though the new member's forum name had slipped through unchallenged.

Reid Malenfant
28-04-2012, 16:13
Don't you guys read the new posts? :doh:
I'm afraid I don't have time to read everything Barry, I have shed loads of other stuff to be getting on with, like running a house on my own while not in the rudest of health :doh:

Barry
28-04-2012, 16:18
I'm afraid I don't have time to read everything Barry, I have shed loads of other stuff to be getting on with, like running a house on my own while not in the rudest of health :doh:

I wasn't getting at you Mark, rather it was an comment of surprise that none of the Moderators had spotted the original clone, and it took a second one to appear before notice was made.

Sorry to hear you are not, at the moment, in the rudest of health - trust you will be back to strength soon.

Regards

Reid Malenfant
28-04-2012, 16:30
Actually I think I did see your post after I commented on this one to Mike, I seem to remember something, maybe a couple of posts by yourself in a row? :scratch:

No worries Barry, I know full well that you weren't digging at anyone :)

The health thing (lower back pain) isn't likely to change, but thanks anyway for at least wishing me well :D

Marco
28-04-2012, 16:39
I wasn't getting at you Mark, rather it was an comment of surprise that none of the Moderators had spotted the original clone, and it took a second one to appear before notice was made.

I'd been watching him/her/it as soon as they'd registered ;)

Marco.

Jonboy
28-04-2012, 16:48
Probably not related but worth mentioning i keep getting dodgy emails asking me to log into my paypal account as i have received new funds, i had a few over the years asking me to log into my bank account but this paypal is a new one on me and has only happed this last week.

I checked into my paypal the normal way and NO i haven't recieved any money so beware folks and don't reply to emails asking for log in info

Thieving scum :steam:

Barry
28-04-2012, 16:53
I'd been watching him/her/it as soon as they'd registered ;)

Marco.

Well that's good to know and is reasurring. It does explain why there were no replies to my post.

An entrapment eh? Good to know the Mods are not asleep at their posts.

Tim
28-04-2012, 19:41
I checked into my paypal the normal way and NO i haven't recieved any money so beware folks and don't reply to emails asking for log in info
There are a lot of PayPal scams doing the rounds at the moment, change your password and make it a hard one ;)

Not that easy for remembering (I use Roboform), but my financial passwords look something like this g#P4rR8@j^v%7V355eJx
Still not foolproof, but I feel a lot more comfortable with that, than my dogs name or a birthday!

Jac Hawk
28-04-2012, 19:42
yes i initially saw the one for Marco and thought ok it's possible two people with the same name wanting similar tags, but it was when chris's clone popped up that i thought hang on, plus no posts no intro's nothing. To be honest not really that clever, as the pillock picked 2 of the most high profile members to try and clone:doh: some people just aren't that clever:)

synsei
28-04-2012, 19:50
You're never alone with a clone... :D

Marco
28-04-2012, 20:04
Dontcha know all us celebrities have one? :D

Marco.

Tim
28-04-2012, 20:05
Dontcha know all us celebrities have one? :D

Marco.
I heard you had two Marco :bum:

MartinT
28-04-2012, 20:14
Never - ever - click on links in an e-mail without first hovering over them to see where they go (assuming you use a decent e-mail client like Outlook). There are lots of phishing messages doing the rounds purportedly from your bank, PayPal, stockbroker etc. Better still, don't click on the link but instead go directly to the site.

Be careful out there!

The Grand Wazoo
28-04-2012, 23:21
Anyone trying to clone my identity will struggle a bit as AoS is the only place where I use this user name.

Marco
28-04-2012, 23:35
And anyway, they wouldn't look anywhere near as cute in your Fendi slingbacks.

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
28-04-2012, 23:41
..........and I've had two nose jobs & shaved my legs since the last time I was featured in the tabloids.

aquapiranha
29-04-2012, 00:15
The best passwords are not ones with a few jumbled up letters and symbols, but rather long, meandering ones such as

The woods are lovely dark and deep but I have promises to keep

and stuff like that. (it is a line from the Robert Frost poem 'Stopping by woods on a snowy evening', and is not one I use myself, but the I do like the poem, and others by Frost, including 'out out' and bending birches etc.

northwest
29-04-2012, 02:01
(assuming you use a decent e-mail client like Outlook).

Martin, I agree with much you say, nbt that is funny. By the wildest stretch of the imagination could that abomination (and target of much malware), be called "decent" - it isn't.

MartinT
29-04-2012, 09:24
Outlook 2010 is excellent and I look after about 140 installations - but this isn't the place ;)

Reid Malenfant
29-04-2012, 16:06
The woods are lovely dark and deep but I have promises to keep
Telefon with Charles Bronson, Donald Pleasence & Lee Remick

Good film :D

northwest
29-04-2012, 18:30
Outlook 2010 is excellent and I look after about 140 installations

Aye......