PDA

View Full Version : Origin Live Silver MkIII

AlfaGTV
27-04-2012, 21:19
I just stumbled on the opportunity to buy a tone arm in very good cond, like new.
Price is about £400:- and i am wondering if someone here had any experience with Origin Live's Silver arms?

Br Mike

vouk
28-04-2012, 05:09
Hi Mike,

Had one for about 2 weeks, trying it out on my previous Amazon 2 turntable. I compared it with my Origin Live modified RB 300 and an Encounter MK2 which the distributor had on sale. Bottom line, it's a cracker of a tonearm. It was far better than the RB 300 and, to my ears, it also outperformed the Encounter in most areas. The asking price is rather good, as they currently retail for 700 quid, so yep, go for it. I think you will love it:cool:
Cheers
J.

lewis
28-04-2012, 09:13
I just stumbled on the opportunity to buy a tone arm in very good cond, like new.
Price is about £400:- and i am wondering if someone here had any experience with Origin Live's Silver arms?

Br Mike

Hi Mike,
I also have an Origin Live Silver tonearm, mine is the mk2, and i bought mine 7 yrs ago, along with my Aurora Gold turntable. Love mine, and you would have to spend a lot more money to better it imo. Plenty of reviews online, and back in 2002, David price of hi-fi world thought it was one of the best tonearms he had ever heard! ;)