PDA

View Full Version : Nectar Points - Feeding Your Music Addiction

MartinT
25-04-2012, 06:31
I'm amazed at just how much music I can purchase with the Nectar points I'm collecting. If you're missing out on this, these are the things to do:

- Use Nectar everywhere you can, especially online. Buy equipment and music from Amazon or e-Bay, using the Nectar portal to collect points. Shop for food at Sainsburys (not the best though, I do prefer Morrisons)

- Acquire a Nectar Amex credit card and dispose of those useless cards that give you nothing in return (I relinquished three platinum cards that I didn't need)

- Use the Nectar CC card instead of a debit card and pay it off fully every month

- Join the BP Ultimate Club and accumulate double points for every fill-up provided you meet their quarterly quota, which I do easily because of my commute, then use the Nectar CC card to pay and get even more points!

- Book your flights, hotels and holidays through Expedia using the Nectar portal

- Put the Nectar key fob on your house or car keys so you never forget it

Then convert your Nectar points to Amazon e-vouchers and spend!

http://www.nectar.com/NectarHome.nectar

Tim
25-04-2012, 17:47
Been doing this awhile too Martin, I get loads of vouchers as I also have an Amazon Mastercard that gives me points to spend at Amazon on top of my Nectar points. My car dealer also gives Nectar points on my car servicing and I fill up at Sainsbury's - I have had £100's so far and spent most of it on CD's :)

Martinh
25-04-2012, 19:18
I prefer to use a capital one credit card with cash back - you get 0.5% on all purchases.

I'd much rather have cash in my pocket than vouchers or points.

I'm spending between £5-10K per month for my business and it soon adds up. This only works if you clear the balance every month.

What sort of percentage return do you get on a nectar card?

Martin

Reid Malenfant
25-04-2012, 19:21
Congratulations Martin on becoming a

:wheniwasaboy:

:lol:

RichB
25-04-2012, 19:22
been collecting avios miles for a year or so, should have enough for a 2 trips to the states by the end of the year... after that it will be nectar points to keep my music collection topped up! good tip...

Martinh
25-04-2012, 19:41
Congratulations Martin on becoming a

:wheniwasaboy:

:lol:

Thanks Mark.

Martin

MartinT
25-04-2012, 19:52
What sort of percentage return do you get on a nectar card?

If you have a Nectar credit card, depending on where you shop (e.g. BP & Sainsburys), up to 2%. For most places giving Nectar points, 1%. For everything else from places not giving Nectar points, 0.5%.