PDA

View Full Version : Village Green Preservation Society reissue - Universal's well kept secret.

Audioman
22-04-2012, 11:00
I recently discovered this gem of a reissue. Limited to 1000 copies and only available direct from Universal.

It should be a gimmick that sounds so so as its on green vinyl with a random splatter pattern. Consists of both Mono and Stereo versions in gatefold sleeve. Yellow Pye labels which are of fairly authentic design without a comparison.

I'm going to guess that these are from the latest (high res) remasters. However even if they are they sound authenticaly analogue. I don't know how they compare to an expensive (and probably well played) original but these are very good. Certainly much better than the Earmarks from a decade ago. The stereo is especialy wonderfull but both mixes are well worth while since Mono is quite different.

Coloured vinyl is realy noisy right ? In this case no. I only detected intrusive noise occasionaly between tracks except for a few bump noises for a few revs at start of one of the stereo tracks. Great value at under £20.

I note more Kinks on coloured vinyl are a record day only release. Let's hope the rest of the catalogue get a regular vinyl release judging by this latest effort.

jostber
22-04-2012, 16:04
This sounds like a great find. And it's a wonderful Kinks album. :thumbsup: