PDA

View Full Version : DIY Fans? Kits/components

wobbleu
19-04-2012, 04:29
When I got back into HiFi/Music I decided to really 'go for it' and try various related projects with electronics.

The sad truth is that while most of these get started - my ability to finish them isn't the same as it used to be...

Working full time, maintaining a house, and the additional care responsibilities for a parent with dementia mean that what little 'me time' I get indoors is spent listening to music rather than anything else - so if anyone can use these

Jaycar Headphone Amp Kit KC5417 & PSU KC5418
Boards are 'populated' and there's a toroidal transormer to go with it - just needs wiring up, casing and tweaking (lots of suggestions out on the web)
Is reputed to have a decent sound out of the box. £15 posted

Jaycar PSU Kit KC5418 x2
One is made up, other is unopened - Boards make up a regulated +/-15 vac
power supply with an appropriate transformer (not included) has 5 volt tap for LED (power light) £8 posted

Chip Amp LM3886 Stereo Power Amp Kit SOLD Pending
Consists of 2 amp boards (populated) and one PSU board (populated) plus
heavy toroidal and switched/fused mains socket. Tested and ready to case up (Case not included). it's heavy so £20 posted

Australian Tube Phono Pre (K282) uses little Raytheon tubes (5 included) SOLD Pending
Again this has a decent reputation - never got to find out. Board is made up apart from inductor. Has wall wart style PSU - just needs putting in a case and the wiring finished £10 posted.

Bit Box - box full of left over/unused resistors, panasonic/wima caps and various bits of hardware/connectors includes an Alps 'blue velvet'? pot - you can have the lot for £15 posted SOLD Pending

My soldering is pretty reasonable and the boards I was able to test all tested ok first time. If someone wants to make me an offer for the lot I'd happily consider it.
Can do photo's more detail about components etc. Printed instructions for kits are included. The Chip Amp stuff I'll put onto a USB stick (or email)

Thanks for looking

kosa
19-04-2012, 07:55
PM sent