PDA

View Full Version : FS: Pro-Ject Genie 1.2

Griffy
18-04-2012, 20:00
For sale, my Pro-Ject Genie 1.2 turntable, in fantastic condition, boxed.

Its been hardly used, due to me having a very inquisitive 2yr old, and 2 cats.

I now have another turntable, with cover so this is surplus to requirements and taking up space!

Needs a new home, so selling for £110 delivered by courier (UK mainland only)

£90 if collected from Kings Lynn area.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/773864/Photo%2017-04-2012%2020%2033%2045.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/773864/Photo%2017-04-2012%2020%2055%2030.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/773864/Photo%2017-04-2012%2020%2038%2040.jpg

Details:
The award winning Project Genie 2 Turntable come complete with the quality pre-fitted Ortofon OM3E cartridge; the Project Genie 2 turntable sets new standards in budget turntable design. The quiet running synchronous motor with its two step metal pulley drives the Hub and Platter via a flat drive belt. Speed change is electro mechanical for 33 and 45 RPM. The S shaped arm is fully adjustable and capable of taking many different cartridges. The tone arm bearings comprising of inverted hardened stainless-steel points.
The Project Genie 2 Turntable is a belt driven manual turntable, the MDF platter with perimeter belt drive and felt mat has low-tolerance chrome plated stainless-steel axle running on polished ball bearing in a brass bearing housing. The player is ready for use after removing the motor's transport fastener, fitting the platter and the anti-skating weight, without further adjustment.
The S shaped tone arm bearing on the project Genie comprises inverted hardened stainless tips in ball races. Vertical tracing angle adjustable for accurate height adjustment of arm tube. Eccentrically mounted counterweight reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records - suitable for cartridges 4 to 7g MDF platter and low-tolerance chrome plated stainless-steel axle runs on a polished ball bearing in a brass bearing housing
Tone arm bearing comprises inverted hardened stainless tips in ball races
Vertical tracing angle adjustable
MDF platter with perimeter belt drive and felt mat
Inverted main bearing with brass bearing housing
Drive motor completely decoupled from the plinth
Supplied with Ortofon OM 3E cartridge fitted
S-shaped tone arm
Nominal speeds 33 / 45 RPM
Gold-plated RCA phono sockets

Griffy
22-04-2012, 09:58
Still for sale/swap

Its mint!

northwest
22-04-2012, 10:33
I had one of these, put it up for sale here too I think. Anyway, it was my first real "modern" turntable and they have terrific WAF as they are a real statement.
Ended up putting mine on the Bay and I got good money for it too! I would advise anyone thinking about buying it do so as this is a good looking example.
Reason that used ones bring good money on the Bay of Fleas is many dealers selling off stock won't ship overseas and the Scandanavian punters really like them - in my experience - as i had a lot of enquiries from Denmark and Sweden, and sold it to a Danish guy.

Griffy
25-04-2012, 16:38
Bump,

Thanks for the positive comments!

Griffy
27-04-2012, 18:30
It's gotta go!

Griffy
08-05-2012, 19:37
Offers?

May consider a swap, this is mint and has to go!

kosa
01-06-2012, 12:21
is it still for sale?