PDA

View Full Version : Art of Sound Law - Your Rights

The Grand Wazoo
17-04-2012, 10:10
The First Post Police have powers to arrest you.

This may occur anywhere and at any time, including on the street, at home or at work - even in front of your hi-fi.

The First Post Police don’t need a warrant.

If a serious or dangerous first post has taken place they may enter a building or property without a warrant and without phoning you first so that you can put the kettle on.

The First Post Police arrest procedure.

If you’re arrested the First Post Police must:

identify themselves as the First Post Police - usually by showing you the badge pinned to the tops of their stockings.
tell you that you’re being arrested - this can include terms such as "Yor fa**in' knicked, me old beauty!"
tell you what crime they think you’ve committed - sometimes they are wrong, but that doesn't matter, because they're always right.
explain why it’s necessary to arrest you - this is usually because you haven't posted an introduction in the Welcome section.
If you’re under 18 and you’re being arrested at school, the headteacher must give their permission and be present when you are arrested, especially if she's called Tabatha. The First Post Police must also contact your parents, guardian or carer as soon as possible unless your headteacher is called Tabatha (in which case, we will be too busy cleaning records, so tough luck, Sonny-Jim).

First Post Police have powers to use reasonable force.

If you try to escape or become violent, the First Post Police can use ‘reasonable force’, eg holding you down so you can’t run off or locking you alone in a room with the Wrexham Rotweilers (also known as the 'Lockwood Bunnies').

You can also be handcuffed and molested with a knotted speaker cable.

The First Post Police have powers to search you when you’re arrested and they may have to confiscate any offensive weapons or incriminating evidence such as audio equipment or cd's, records or other music carrying media devices - purely for Health and Safety purposes.

............alternatively you can go directly to the Welcome Section (http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15) as you were requested in the email you received and start a new thread in order to introduce yourself, your system and taste in music to the members..........all things considered, this is probably for the best!

synsei
17-04-2012, 11:13
ROFLMAO... :lol:

Dominic Harper
17-04-2012, 11:29
The First Post Police have powers to arrest you.

This may occur anywhere and at any time, including on the street, at home or at work - even in front of your hi-fi.

The First Post Police don’t need a warrant.

If a serious or dangerous first post has taken place they may enter a building or property without a warrant and without phoning you first so that you can put the kettle on.

The First Post Police arrest procedure.

If you’re arrested the First Post Police must:

identify themselves as the First Post Police - usually by showing you the badge pinned to the tops of their stockings.
tell you that you’re being arrested - this can include terms such as "Yor fa**in' knicked, me old beauty!"
tell you what crime they think you’ve committed - sometimes they are wrong, but that doesn't matter, because they're always right.
explain why it’s necessary to arrest you - this is usually because you haven't posted an introduction in the Welcome section.
If you’re under 18 and you’re being arrested at school, the headteacher must give their permission and be present when you are arrested, especially if she's called Tabatha. The First Post Police must also contact your parents, guardian or carer as soon as possible unless your headteacher is called Tabatha (in which case, we will be too busy cleaning records, so tough luck, Sonny-Jim).

First Post Police have powers to use reasonable force.

If you try to escape or become violent, the First Post Police can use ‘reasonable force’, eg holding you down so you can’t run off or locking you alone in a room with the Wrexham Rotweilers (also known as the 'Lockwood Bunnies').

You can also be handcuffed and molested with a knotted speaker cable.

The First Post Police have powers to search you when you’re arrested and they may have to confiscate any offensive weapons or incriminating evidence such as audio equipment or cd's, records or other music carrying media devices - purely for Health and Safety purposes.

............alternatively you can go directly to the Welcome Section as you were requested in the email you received and start a new thread in order to introduce yourself, your system and taste in music to the members..........all things considered, this is probably for the best!

Bloody Brilliant PMSL :lol::lol::lol:

Natalie;)

keiths
17-04-2012, 13:24
First Post Police are looking through my folders,
First Post Police are talking to my niece,
First Post Police have got their final orders,
Poster, drop your mouse, it's First Post Police

Ali Tait
20-04-2012, 15:22
Thought everyone would like to see a pic of the First Post Polis-

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4038/greenpolice.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/greenpolice.jpg/)

Marco
20-04-2012, 15:41
Aye, I'm glad you've made sure that they were good Tims, wearing green & white! :eyebrows:

WTF is that Engerlund flag-thing doing in background? You've lost points for that! ;)

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
20-04-2012, 15:54
WTF is that Engerlund flag-thing doing in background? You've lost points for that!

Your memory is bad Marco. That's not a George Cross, it a surrender flag that we captured from an offender. The red bits are blood from the knotted speaker cable (the cat of QED 79 Tails).

Marco
20-04-2012, 16:21
:lolsign:

Marco.

MartinT
20-04-2012, 17:08
Be nice, now - it's St George's Day on Monday although of course English people are not allowed to celebrate as we're not an ethnic minority :eyebrows:

Reid Malenfant
20-04-2012, 17:16
of course English people are not allowed to celebrate as we're not an ethnic minority :eyebrows:
If you happened to drop into my doctors surgery you'd definately think otherwise :eek: Even most of the staff are foreign, or at least born overseas..

As for the patients, I couldn't honestly say if I have seen another born & bred in Britain patient in the last 5 or 6 visits :scratch: That's with about twenty to thirty people in the waiting room each time I was there :mental:

So as I'm in a minority I'm going to celebrate :ner:

apanton1952
22-01-2013, 18:35
I have to know, who is Tabatha?

Marco
22-01-2013, 18:38
I could tell you, Arthur, but then I'd have to kill you! :eek:

Marco.

Barry
22-01-2013, 18:58
I have to know, who is Tabatha?

Here is a photograph of Tabatha, cleaning records in her own inimitable fashion.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/image.php?u=3075&dateline=1284677197

When she is not cleaning records, Tabahtha is able offer 'personal services' for the more discerning gentleman (by strict appointment only!).

Jonboy
22-01-2013, 21:52
Here is a photograph of Tabatha, cleaning records in her own inimitable fashion.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/image.php?u=3075&dateline=1284677197

When she is not cleaning records, Tabahtha is able offer 'personal services' for the more discerning gentleman (by strict appointment only!).

I'm afraid Tabatha is fully booked for personal services for the foreseeable future :bonk:

Marco
22-01-2013, 22:23
Tabatha, with a friend, selecting the tunes to be played during her next 'private therapy' session:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4941/hifir.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/hifir.jpg/)

Unfortunately, her taste in turntables isn't quite as equisite as her mastery of Ménage à Trois...

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5588/tumblrm97rc50vmw1r9e2vf.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/tumblrm97rc50vmw1r9e2vf.jpg/)

Marco.

Spectral Morn
22-01-2013, 22:33
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5588/tumblrm97rc50vmw1r9e2vf.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/tumblrm97rc50vmw1r9e2vf.jpg/)

Marco.

Imagine putting a valve amplifier on the carpet and under a table where it would overheat and fail, never mind putting a turntable on a table like that :eek: and leaving records out of their sleeves etc..... I don't know, these fashion houses, what do they know about hifi? Not a lot.

Marco
22-01-2013, 22:38
I agree, but would that put you off? :eyebrows:

Marco.

Spectral Morn
23-01-2013, 01:04
I agree, but would that put you off? :eyebrows:

Marco.

Believe it or not the woman with the unique way of cleaning the record is probably more my type ;):eyebrows: :D Miss Gucci is too much like vanilla ice cream I am more a mint choc chip kind of guy lol

MartinT
23-01-2013, 07:18
I'll go for the vanilla ice cream...

Marco
23-01-2013, 07:23
Where would you spread it on her to lick off, I wonder? Or she could pop it somewhere on you, to make a nice 'cone'? Dunno where she'd shove the Flake, though! :eyebrows:

Marco.

DSJR
23-01-2013, 08:46
What can the Art of Sound Police do about little Richard Dunn? Billy-no-mates has been hounding me mercilessly in recent times on his little forum and it's getting worse, since he's convinced I'm a selective shill, adjusting my "recommendations" depending on the forum I frequent. What is it with people like him. I have an idea that it would be rather costly for him to continue to persecute Marco, so he picks on someone who cannot respond. Talk about one-way ad hominem :steam:

Why all this angst streaming from his direction? Recommending the brand from Southend has got to be better, sonic advantages apart, than sending prospective peeps to a Sevenoaks store for a shitty Roksan/Cyrus/Monitor Audio system wired up with QED, Chord or Black Rhodium wires, surely??????????????

jandl100
23-01-2013, 09:57
.... for a shitty Roksan/Cyrus/Monitor Audio system wired up with ... Chord or Black Rhodium wires, surely??????????????

Well, that could well be the basis for quite a nice system, actually, some Roksan and Cyrus kit I've had here recently was very nice in its way, and Chord and BR cables have gone down well here, too. :)

--- or is that a bit :offtopic: ? :D

___

Just ignore RD if he bothers you, Dave. What does it matter? :cool:

synsei
23-01-2013, 10:38
What can the Art of Sound Police do about little Richard Dunn? Billy-no-mates has been hounding me mercilessly in recent times on his little forum and it's getting worse, since he's convinced I'm a selective shill, adjusting my "recommendations" depending on the forum I frequent. What is it with people like him. I have an idea that it would be rather costly for him to continue to persecute Marco, so he picks on someone who cannot respond. Talk about one-way ad hominem :steam:

Why all this angst streaming from his direction? Recommending the brand from Southend has got to be better, sonic advantages apart, than sending prospective peeps to a Sevenoaks store for a shitty Roksan/Cyrus/Monitor Audio system wired up with QED, Chord or Black Rhodium wires, surely??????????????

He does it because he know's it winds you up Dave and then he and his cronies have a good laugh at your expense when you blow. Don't read his forum matey, it has nothing whatsoever to do with music and hifi, it is purely a vehicle for Richard to insult the world at large from the relative safety of his own domain. How he and his posse have escaped being sued by some of the parties he has slandered is beyond me, but there is yet time. I hope his pseudo brief chooses to act on his behalf if he is sued because it will be fun to watch the ensuing car crash ;)

Incidentally, Richard has lifted my ban in an attempt to lure me back on to read his shit. Guess what, I'd rather crawl through the sewers of Mexico City :D

Dingdong
23-01-2013, 11:51
'Tis better than not being talked about at all Dsjr. You is famous, or maybe notorious. :))

I have a quick mooch on that other forum once in a blue moon for shits n giggles. Makes me feel better about myself.

DSJR
23-01-2013, 12:23
Well, that could well be the basis for quite a nice system, actually, some Roksan and Cyrus kit I've had here recently was very nice in its way, and Chord and BR cables have gone down well here, too. :)

___

Jerry, I was thinking of the Roksan Kandy amp, which may be better now although the K2 was just a VERY LOUD UNMUSICAL NOISE which I'm sure even you wouldn't live with. the caspian stuff was more like the related? Quad 77 and 99 series and much safer sounding.

Cyrus? if you like screaming detail I suppose you're right, but get it wrong and I don't think much of their stuff is for keeps, unless one forks out for all the extra power supplies ;)

Chord cables carry a minimum of 60% margin for the dealer - nuff said! Black Rhodium used to be 75% MARGIN (not markup) for dealers stocking the whole lot (many Audio T shops?), so easy give aways to those not in the know.

I didn't mention Musical Fidelity and probably don't need to since their reputation with non Sevenoaks dealers around the country says it all.........

Nah, that little HiFi brand from the Southend On Sea area give superb long-term service to their dealers and end users alike. Their locally made (NOT China) stuff generally lasts well and reliably, although the Brio R isn't very happy driving shorts I've recently discovered and by and large, much of their gear is available from a select number of good dealers (although the dreaded Audio T chain stock 'em too still I think) who don't make a huge profit and the smallest ones have to pay pro Forma too. I really DON't get anything out of it, it's simply years of experience of the brand and knowing how they care about their reputation and customer satisfaction. The only item that may not be quite up to it is the Fono USB, which isn't anything like as good as what is in their better gear I understand - oh, and I've never been the strongest fan of their now 30 year old fixed-coil cartridges either (Bias, Elys and to a much lesser extent the Exact), although being a Decca fan, I rather like the vibrant and cheerful Apheta when set up in a deck and arm it likes :)

I'm at home with the lurgy today and my banging headache hasn't improved much. Time to stop typing and put some Ulrich Schnauss choons on methinks to soothe my soul :) Oh yeah,before I close my rant off - I don't use a brio R because I have summat older, more powerful and far better suited to my needs facilities-wise, OK?

jandl100
23-01-2013, 13:51
Ah well, as this is a hifi forum, let's talk about hifi then. :)

Roksan - I recently had a play with a M2 Caspian, and it was really good at some stuff. Not a jack-of-all-trades, but what is?
Cyrus - well, the CD8x CDP I had was far from screechy - lovely tonality, actually, I did a little review on it on my AOS Gallery blog - my 1-Word-Review was "beautiful".

-- you do trot out the old stereotypes, don't you! :lol:

Cables - well, the big brands are all notorious for their markups, aren't they!

And, OY !! - what do you mean "which I'm sure even you wouldn't live with" - I've got good taste, me! :D

Beobloke
23-01-2013, 14:39
With all due respect Dave ('cos you're a lovely fella!) I'm afraid Jerry has hit the nail on the head here:

-- you do trot out the old stereotypes, don't you! :lol:

Personally, I'm a big fan of Rega in general, but also like Roksan gear and have heard Cyrus kit make some lovely noises (including the setup owned by my brother-in-law).

All three companies have made plenty of stunning kit and the odd item that was personally not to my liking but, as Jerry said, sweeping generalisations do no-one any favours and only ensure that anyone who wishes to have a pop at you has suitable ammunition.

Spectral Morn
23-01-2013, 14:41
Where would you spread it on her to lick off, I wonder? Or she could pop it somewhere on you, to make a nice 'cone'? Dunno where she'd shove the Flake, though! :eyebrows:

Marco.

and there was me trying to be a gentleman :doh:

Spectral Morn
23-01-2013, 14:44

___

but not with Monitor Audio speakers :spew: unless you like being presented with an in your face bright, hard sound and not a well balanced one - in my opinion of course.

jandl100
23-01-2013, 14:53
but not with Monitor Audio speakers :spew: unless you like being presented with an in your face bright, hard sound and not a well balanced one - in my opinion of course.

I think I would agree with you -- but then again I know of folk who just love their Monitor Audio speakers -- and who am I to say they are wrong?
It's right for them! ;)

... maybe teaming up with a somewhat smooth and 'beautiful' Cyrus CD8X CDP (honest, Dave!) is a good match for them?

Spectral Morn
23-01-2013, 15:19
I think I would agree with you -- but then again I know of folk who just love their Monitor Audio speakers -- and who am I to say they are wrong?
It's right for them! ;)

... maybe teaming up with a somewhat smooth and 'beautiful' Cyrus CD8X CDP (honest, Dave!) is a good match for them?

The comment was in regard to system matching and synergy with the named electronics. I think that MA could be matched with some warmer electronics to possibly good effect, but on the whole I have yet to hear any MA speaker I could personally live with.

DSJR
23-01-2013, 17:34
With all due respect Dave ('cos you're a lovely fella!) I'm afraid Jerry has hit the nail on the head here:

Personally, I'm a big fan of Rega in general, but also like Roksan gear and have heard Cyrus kit make some lovely noises (including the setup owned by my brother-in-law).

All three companies have made plenty of stunning kit and the odd item that was personally not to my liking but, as Jerry said, sweeping generalisations do no-one any favours and only ensure that anyone who wishes to have a pop at you has suitable ammunition.

Does your bro in law have his stuff with PSXR's on everything, 'cos most of what I heard without them sounded a bit anaemic and not very musical at all? The £500 ish amp that Roksan market is the Kandy - I said the Caspian was rather different and not generalising but the Kandy was horrid.

The main cause of the torrent from NVA Towers is mainly due to the Brio R for some reason, and not really Glenn's stuff (a piece of which I own incidentally). So, maybe i should start a separate thread on asking about NEW dealer-available £500 integrateds which sound good, offer good reliability, fine sonics for the price and last well.....

Marco
23-01-2013, 22:10
The main cause of the torrent from NVA Towers is...

...a bored old man (with an incurably cynical mind that continually sees ulterior motives in situations where there aren't any) getting his 'kicks' from pulling your strings like a puppet!

Starve him of oxygen, by ignoring him, and your problem will become as insignificant as he is ;)

Simples!

Marco.