PDA

View Full Version : Hello its me

Griffy
15-04-2012, 20:36
:)

Hello its me :)

I'm Dave, but usually known as Griff or Griffy both online and face to face.

I've been a member of some other hi-fi forums for quite a while (wigwam, zerogain, headfi etc) but somehow must of missed actually joining this one.

I have been into hifi type 'stuff' for quite some time, around 20 years I'd guess yet my system is nothing special. I enjoy it and thats what counts I suppose. :cool:

I use an Arcam MS250 cd/music server, Logitech Squeezebox and Dual 606 Turntable, plumbed into a Densen Pre-amp. It then whizzes into an Arcam A90 amp and then out to a wonderful pair of ATC standmounts.

My musical tastes are very varied, from blues to heavy rock, and allsorts in between.

Reid Malenfant
15-04-2012, 20:47
Hi Griff, welcome to the forum :) So what do you tend to listen to & what do you listen to it on? :eyebrows:

Bests to you & I hope you enjoy your stay here :cool:

Griffy
15-04-2012, 21:00
I listen to allsorts, depending on my mood. REM, some Pink Floyd, Tracy Chapman, Dylan, U2, very varied with some Megadeth and classical stuff thrown in the mix and everything inbetween.

Most of my music is now on FLAC pc/mac format, but I still keep the cds, and after very recently buying an old Dual 606 turntable, I'm listening to vinyl again.

I have quite a few of my dads old vinyl collection to browse through, and I enjoy listening to The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Nina Simone, Bob Dylan on original vinyl, but not really into his old Marty Robbins, Nancy Sinatra and Buddy Holly stuff!

I listen to a lot of music through headphones, for family harmony reasons :mental: and my MF Xcan v8 headphone amp and AKG 702 headphones are fantastic, it keeps me busy most evenings and keeps me sane.

Reffc
16-04-2012, 11:11
Hi Dave

good to see you on AOS :)

snapper
16-04-2012, 12:50
Hi Dave

Welcome to AOS, I think I may have met you on another forum very recently.

;)

Griffy
16-04-2012, 12:56
Yes thats me, I've met you both on a different forum.

Now I'm on here and reading through lots of old posts. Very interesting stuff!

MartinT
16-04-2012, 13:29
Hi Dave and welcome to AoS :)

Spectral Morn
16-04-2012, 17:33
Welcome to AOS Dave

Regards D S D L

Griffy
16-04-2012, 21:53