PDA

View Full Version : Wanted B&W DM2/DM2a MK1 speakers

SteveO
15-04-2012, 15:20
Hi.

I am looking for a pair of B&W DM2 or DM2a Mk1 speakers in good condition, preferably in the Yorkshire/Midlands area.

Cash waiting,

Thanks Steve.

jamire
17-05-2012, 18:17
Hi
I was looking on the interweb to find out whether there was still any interest in b&w speakers when i came across your add.
I have a pair of dm2a which i bought in 1975 they have been in use since then and continue to produce that marvellous rich sound which first attracted me to them.
If you are interested I would consider selling them.
I live on the outskirts of Glasgow
As you can see from attached photos despite being from 1970s they are still in excellent condition

dantheman91
17-05-2012, 18:24
Hi
I was looking on the interweb to find out whether there was still any interest in b&w speakers when i came across your add.
I have a pair of dm2a which i bought in 1975 they have been in use since then and continue to produce that marvellous rich sound which first attracted me to them.
If you are interested I would consider selling them.
I live on the outskirts of Glasgow
As you can see from attached photos despite being from 1970s they are still in excellent condition

Hi

Naughty Naughty :eyebrows:. before you can continue with your post you must pop into the welcome section to introduce yourself your hi-fi and you taste in music before the police come to get you :cool:

If you have already done so my apologies
Thanks

Reid Malenfant
17-05-2012, 18:24
Hi James, would you mind popping into the welcome section of the forum & introduce yourself please :) Perhaps you didn't notice that this was stipulated on the activation email you received that you must have linked to to gain membership?

However as I have asked nicely you haven't got any excuses not to now :D

Thanks in advance.

Volante
17-05-2012, 18:34
Just bought a pair of DM2a s off a nice chap in London -plugged them in and they sound great - good mids, highs and good bass reinforcement as one would expect with transmission line design, - like their sister the DM4s (which I also have) they are very under-rated and a bargain in today's terms - and essential to use with stands to get the best from them.

good luck with your search - a pair in good condition are worth pursuing.

SteveO
23-05-2012, 12:30
Email sent thanks

synsei
23-05-2012, 14:02
The DM2's are truly excellent speakers Steve, a provisional welcome to the DM2 club my friend. It is imperative that they are placed on stands that are the right height however as the tweeters sit below the bass driver. Mine sit on a pair of Atacama SL400's which I acquired from ebay for 16 quid and they sound peachy ;)

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/Sgtgrash/Hifi%20Stuff/Mini-T.jpg

SteveO
27-05-2012, 09:08
Bump!

Still Looking.