PDA

View Full Version : Qed silver anniversary bi - wire speaker cable

good vibes
06-04-2012, 17:18
Have for sale a five metre pair of QED Silver Anniversary Bi - Wire Speaker Cable in great shape, as I only used it for a couple of years and then for the rest of the time have had it sitting in a box in the loft.

Has attached some Puresound plugs at the speaker end (two of the plastic covers are missing, does not detract from the sound, purely cosmetic). Amp input end has chunky Gale pins attached.

I paid £80.00 for the BI- Wire cable, plus around £15.00 for the plugs if memory serves me well, so long ago can't be certain!

Looking for £45.00 for the cables and plugs + £5.00 for postage

'Happy Easter' to all the members... :)

Wakefield Turntables
06-04-2012, 17:21
I hope you dont get thread crapped like when I sold mine several months ago. Good luck mate.

good vibes
06-04-2012, 19:25
Do tell Rexton, what exactly happened?

Tim
06-04-2012, 22:59
Do tell Rexton, what exactly happened?
QED SA is none too popular with some AoS folk.

good vibes
07-04-2012, 08:49
I see, might have to put it on the dreaded fleabay then...:lol:

Wakefield Turntables
07-04-2012, 14:44
I'm not about to start another argument or piss taking thread, but! QED SA is ok. I have several friends who are trained professionnal musicians that play at some pretty top notch orchestra's. These guys own Naim/Quad/LP12 setups and guess what cable they use, yep QED SA. I enjoyed mine whilst I had it. So why people hate it I have no idea, its not that bad ;)

RobbieGong
07-04-2012, 15:29
I'm not about to start another argument or piss taking thread, but! QED SA is ok. I have several friends who are trained professionnal musicians that play at some pretty top notch orchestra's. These guys own Naim/Quad/LP12 setups and guess what cable they use, yep QED SA. I enjoyed mine whilst I had it. So why people hate it I have no idea, its not that bad ;)

Had some myself before upgrading too. Some expressions a bit OTT re: how supposedly 'bad' this cable is ie: plenty of exageration. In my experience it sounded fine, lots of detail and good clarity etc, a tad thin in the bass and sometimes a bit hard and brittle in the treble but we all know a lot of things are system dependant so this cable can sound fine in some systems and not so good in say a bright set up. My current QED Genesis Silver Spiral is highly regarded and more natural sounding and so it should be at £31.50 per metre (Which I most certainly did not pay as bought smartly and went for used) In that context and knowing the two, at £4.00-£5.00 a metre the SA is excellent.

icehockeyboy
07-04-2012, 15:40
Many folk here and that other forum dislike SA, when I had it, I loved it. It is only when you move on from it you realise it is a bit of a bass robber.

PS never admit to owning it, you will have the rip taken out of you! (my own experience!):lol:

RobbieGong
07-04-2012, 16:08
Many folk here and that other forum dislike SA, when I had it, I loved it. It is only when you move on from it you realise it is a bit of a bass robber.

PS never admit to owning it, you will have the rip taken out of you! (my own experience!):lol:

:lol: Man up and speak the truth - Simples !! :D

Puffin
07-04-2012, 16:36
I had some SA which I hated. I also bought wisely and got 10 metres of Genesis for £50. Completely different KOFish. Someone had made a complete hash of the termination. They had tried to emulate the QED Airlok plugs by crimping some shit on to each cable. Basically it just ended up severing most of the conductors!:lol::lol::lol:

Properly terminated I think you would have to go a long way to beat it. Now...that SA cable......:eyebrows:

RobbieGong
07-04-2012, 17:05
I had some SA which I hated. I also bought wisely and got 10 metres of Genesis for £50. Completely different KOFish. Someone had made a complete hash of the termination. They had tried to emulate the QED Airlok plugs by crimping some shit on to each cable. Basically it just ended up severing most of the conductors!:lol::lol::lol:

Properly terminated I think you would have to go a long way to beat it. Now...that SA cable......:eyebrows:

I remember you saying a while back. Total bargain, he might as well have just give you the stuf lol, - QED Genesis silver spiral is a lovely cable that I cant ever see me changing unless I win the lottery !

Wakefield Turntables
07-04-2012, 17:19
Properly crimpped QED airlocs work really well. But what do you expect for £4-5 a meter?? I've not heard any other QED stuff but have heard positive mumblings both from forums and the press.

good vibes
10-04-2012, 16:29
Bumpty Bump!

dantheman91
10-04-2012, 16:41
I used to like it. but sold them 2 weeks later

dan