PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a sumiko headshell and AT440 cart?

indus
04-04-2012, 11:03
If anybody has this combo can you tell me whether its possible to attach the cart to the headshell using the screws/bolts that come with the cart (as opposed to the ones that come with the headshell)

Many thanks

Macca
04-04-2012, 11:56
Hi

I use a Sumiko headshell - you can use any bolts that will fit, it really doesn't matter as long as you get the alignment right. Oh yeah and don't forget to fit the arm lift using the same bolts you secure the cartridge with - don't do what I did initially and fit it the wrong way round so you have to cue with your left hand (unless you are left handed of course)

indus
04-04-2012, 12:19
Thanks Martin.

I just wanted to know whether anybody had specifically used the AT screws/bolts to do this on the Sumiko headshell.

I've lost one of the nuts from the pack that came with the Sumiko so wanted to use the stuff that came with the AT.

If for whatever reason the AT stuff isn't the appropriate size I don't want to struggle trying to make it work for 10 hours before I figure that out:lol:

I've never changed a cart/headshell etc before and what might seem obvious to some of you guys won't be to me:scratch::)

Macca
04-04-2012, 12:29
Don't worry it will be obvious in 5 seconds whether it will work or not -And I can't see a reason why not unless the AT bolts are very weird - which they won't be.

Remove the stylus and put it safe. Then put the bolts through the arm lift and then through the headshell into the cartridge - make sure the arm lift is the right way around before you tighten it all up. Once you have it reasobaly tight (but with a little slack) align the cartridge with the headshell - when your happy tighten up fully. It is fiddly but it's not rocket science - if I can do it anyone can :)

indus
04-04-2012, 13:11
Thanks Martin. I'll give it a go when I get home this evening.

indus
04-04-2012, 16:53
Well I can tell you that the screws supplied with the AT cart will not allow it to be attached to the Sumiko headshell! They are far too short:doh:

Another day goes past and I can't get to hear my new cart and headshell:steam::(